Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laundry

Options
  • 30-12-2021 2:35am

When travelling in a hot country and doing a lot of physical activities the dirty laundry piles up quickly.

I had a bad experience in a place I stayed where I gave them my laundry to do where they obviously washed everything and then stuck it all in the dryer at high heat and shrunk pretty much all my clothes.

I don't really want to spend half a day of my holidays going to a laundromat and then trying to sneak it back into my accommodation and trying to figure out some way to hang it to dry if I can avoid this.

Any tips you have picked up on your travels when staying in average hotels that don't offer to air dry clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In New Zealand almost every hotel we stayed in had washing machines for guests to use which was great.

In general though I pack lots of clothes and/or buy handwashing detergent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Travel light with quick drying clothes, including quick drying underwear. A few changes of clothes is all that’s needed and can be hand washed and dried in the hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If you are in a hot country then why can't you wash the clothes yourself in the wash basin, or bath with washing powder and let them dry hanging on the balcony, or somewhere? Common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭89897

This, i think really depends on where you are. When i traveled around Asia i would go to the women on the sides of the streets advertising laundry. They were way cheaper and better than the hotel services. If humidity isnt an issue wash them in the bath and hang on a balcony

Advertisement