Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Dublin Property Rentals” agency. Are they legit?

Options
  • 28-12-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

There’s an apartment for rent on daft from an agency called Dublin Property Rentals. They have a website but not much information can be found on them online.

I’m wondering if perhaps someone here has dealt with them before? Is there anything I can check or ask for, to prove their legit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Their website text is badly written in places and the fact that it refers to the PRTB when it's been the RTB for years would also raise a red flag. PRSA registration number should be searchable and IPAV register too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I wouldnt go near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

wouldn't touch them with someone else's barge-pole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thanks for the feedback. They are registered actually and can be found here http://www.psr.ie/en/PSRA/Pages/Register_Licensed_PSP.

Would that be enough to warrant any comeback, if needed in the future? If there was any issues with getting your deposit back, etc?

Their application form asks for lots of details. They ask for PPS number, family address and a photo ID. A payslip is also needed, "at a later stage". Are those normal things to ask from a potential tenant, having only viewed the place once?

Advertisement