Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Felt uncomfortable but is it in my head

• 26-12-2021 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

myself and my other half met my friend and her husband for dinner and a few drinks the other night. It was my first time meeting her husband as she is a relatively new friend I only met recently. Anyway I noticed her husband would hold eye contact with me and he’d gaze at me intently. Is this normal or was he being inappropriate? Maybe it’s just the way he is but I felt a bit uncomfortable. He’s very good looking and I kind of got butterflies a bit but obviously I would have no intention of acting on that ever. Was it just my head? I haven’t a clue…

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭2 fast

Are you sure you're not reading more into this because you found him attractive? Especially as all he did was hold eye contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Marymoore

Hey Thanks for this. Perhaps you’re right. All he did was hold eye contact yes. It felt wrong but maybe that’s cos what was in my head and I found him attractive yes. Maybe it was entirely innocent in his head. I just asked as I wasn’t sure myself how to read it, just felt like he was holding eye contact for too long..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I don’t think anyone can tell you whether it was all in your head or not as we were not there.

Is that what your question is - did your new friends husband find you attractive?! If he didn’t actively come on it you I wouldn’t worry, people find other people attractive.

Post edited by YellowLead on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I kind of got butterflies

This was most definitely in your head.

It sounds like he was being respectful and attentive to what you were saying. You feeling butterflies is influenced, to some degree as to how secure you feel in your own relationship. I would explore that if I were you. Say someone tells you here he probably was attracted to you, what would you do with that information? Stop being friends with his wife? Take some pleasure in appearing attractive to someone else? These are the things I would consider if I were you.

Thanks yeah.. I can’t help getting the butterflies it wasn’t a choice I made but I tried to avoid the eye contact. He was just so attractive and had big sparkling eyes and a sexy gaze. I feel awful saying that but it’s how I felt. And I spent the night trying to avoid his gaze but every time I looked at him he’d be looking at me… and no I wouldn’t stop being friends but maybe I’d try avoid her husband and just meet up without the men..

• Advertisement

Hahahaha it was really strange to be honest. I’ve never encountered it before was so intense and awkward. I felt uncomfortable because obviously I found him attractive etc and I felt like he could tell every time he looked at me… I felt he could tell what I was thinking… obviously he couldn’t

he didn’t smile or shift his body but he looked shy and hardly spoke the whole night. Just stared and stared. I don’t think I looked up a single time without him looking at me…

Just to add also.. his wife is such a lovely person but I wouldn’t have thought she’d be the type he’d go for. They just didn’t look like a couple. He’s a 9/10 and she a 5/6.. (think ronaldo and Melissa McCarthy).. not that that should make any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It makes zero difference.

And more than a bit odd that you mention it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Peculiar thread, going by your previous one where you thought it was normal to follow your old friend uninvited on her honeymoon I'd say yes, it's far more likely this is in your head and he was just being polite.

The ratings part above is frankly odd too, can't imagine why someone would make such a crass comparison. It reads like someone who'd like to pursue the married man and justifying it with a bizarre "ah he's too good for her" line.

It's normal to find other people attractive when in a relationship and even if he was being slightly inappropriate(big if) this thread is verging on disrespectful to your partner and certainly disrespectful to your new friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Your friend is lucky to have someone like you in her life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭obi604

OP has way too much time on her hands thinking about sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Isn’t she just. Can you imagine how much worse her life would be without an encouraging and supportive friend like the OP? A friend who bolsters her confidence by comparing her to a Hollywood A-lister, no less.

OP, you have demonstrated an impeccable sense of morality in ignoring the husband, who was clearly besotted by a dime piece like yourself. You should continue showing such remarkable self-restraint and don’t forget to continue to uplift your new friend whenever the opportunity arises.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

I can't see the Personal Issue that needs resolving here tbh.

Thread closed.

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement