Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitar amplification

Options
  • 23-12-2021 10:33am

Hello all.

My acoustic guitar and classical guitar have no in-built pickups, nor do I want to professionally get one installed. Total wuss, I know!

Anyone recommend a decent budget magnetic pickup that I could use on an acoustic guitar and classical guitar (or maybe separate portable pickups?). I have done a quick search on Thomann for some ideas. Please let me know if you think the following items are good or bad?

I don't intend to perform in front of an audience, so I just want something to boost my home based personal performances.

Post edited by The Ritz on

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi TimberTones.

Many thanks for the post but unfortunately we do not stock any Guitar accessories or even Guitar's themselves so I would not be abo=le to offer any advice on this.

Maybe you posted this up in the wrong group?

Yeah, wrong group. I'm not sure what group to post this in.

Thanks for the comment!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Try a seymour Duncan woody pickup, no install required it just slots into the soundhole.

That acoustasonic amp is great for at home, I've seen & heard it in action.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from Richersounds Forum, hope someone can assist the poster.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 thechigger

I used to use some cheap pickup that just slotted into the soundhole from guitar tech that sounded great if you moved it to the side so the treble strings weren't too harsh, it was like 30 euro but on the one I had a wire came loose as if there was some kind of problem with the solder so keep that in mind if you look for one of those. There's also the bill Lawrence a300 which I don't know much about, but it seems decently priced and also elliott smith used it which would be enough for me lol

As for amps, I've only ever used an acoustic through a regular guitar combo and it sounded alright, but I was mainly going for a distorted sound so ymmv

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

I run my electric acoustic into my katana. Bit more than the fender you linked tho.

as for the pickups for the sound hole I’m not too sure about them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I have a woody in the case as emergency backup for steel stringed guitar.

I've never tried, but I have suspicion that it wont pick up nylon strings. not 100% sure though!

Advertisement