Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Of Ireland Dream Football Team

Options
  • 21-12-2021 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

What would be your All of Ireland dream team? Not an all star team so form doesn’t come into it too much, but the 15 best players you’d put together to win a match, chosen on overall ability. Mine would be:

Rory Beggan

Sean Kelly Padraig Hampsey Tom O’Sullivan

Conor Meyler John Small Paddy Durcan

Brian Fenton Michael Murphy

Sean O’Shea Rian O’Neill Ciaran Kilkenny

David Clifford Con O’Callaghan Shane Walsh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,350 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus I don't know - but that midifield you have picked has a lovely balance to it.

Top of my head a few fellas that have played really well against Dublin in the past that don't really get a mention when it comes to these type of things.

Daniel Flynn - Full Forward from Kildare bags of talent if the right ball is given to him very hard to stop.

Shane Walsh - Meath forward has a bit about him just seems a bit raw yet

I think it was a few years ago now - it was when Cork played Dublin in Croke Park.

Sticks in my mind because they had the tactics spot on, but as a whole just ran out of steam.

Played on the counter

- Conor Dorman was fantastic boundless energy and fearless - clever sort of footballer - unselfish.

Would need a few of those type lads in a team.

Who would I drop from your team to fit those lads in though?

They would be great subs anyway.

--

I am surprised Oisin Mullen from Mayo did not make the cut in your team OP - very versatile.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Good team alright. But I'd have Lee Keegan or Kieran McGeary in there instead of John Small.

And good shout from previous poster re Daniel Flynn. I'd have him before Con O'Callaghan. I think Flynn would offer more than O'Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,641 ✭✭✭billyhead

True about Daniel Flynn. A class player and very strong. Ciaran McManus would be worth a shout.

Advertisement