If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Putting a quick attachment on slurry tank

  • 19-12-2021 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ Sugarbowl

    Looking for some advice here… looking to change the attachment on the slurry tank to a quick attach type. I see McCabe feeds have them to buy online. Has anyone any thoughts on them? Does it make a difference to go with the Perrot v Italian model? Was thinking of going with this

    we have a clip on type on the tank currently and find it slows me down.

    Any advice appreciated


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭ blue5000

    You will have to change the neck of the fill pipe as well. Keep the old one, you can weld a 4 inch spout to it for a wash down hose that goes on where the splash plate clips on.

    I think the 4 holes are standard where the coupler bolts on, maybe get a new gasket and bolts as well when you buy it.

    If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

    We have the Perrot type on our Abbey - I think Abbey mostly/exclusively use that type. Not sure about the others - take a look at their websites and see what is there.

    I don't see much adv/disadv between each of these quick attach styles - it is the same style of fitting although the male/female is reversed between them. I'd probably go for Perrot as that is the one I'm used to and no other reason than that.

  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭ timple23

    Measure the diameter of the hole that goes into the barrel of the tank, those fittings come in 4 or 6 inch diameter.

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭ cjpm

    Very unlikely to be a 4” as you’d be ages filling a tank.

    Go with the one in the original post, they are the best and easiest to use.

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ cute geoge

  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ Sugarbowl

    Thanks for your thoughts. Think I’ll go with it.. I get the male attachment for the slurry hose so isn’t it?

    Looking forward to fixing it up, used to slow me down big time with one I have. Was fussy in how you lined up with it and would only click on at a certain angle.

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

    Yup - that looks right.