Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly / Binge release; fight!

Options
  • 16-12-2021 8:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So, it has come up enough times that I'm dead curious, thinking a poll might a fun way to gauge the popular preference in 2021/2022: do people prefer a single episode released per week (popular with Amazon and traditional networks); or all episodes dropped at once? (Something Netflix does). Or something else? (Wheel of Time dropped 3 episodes, then went weekly; a good middleground).

Me? Weekly; I like the anticipation, the wondering what the next episode might bring and the buzz a good show can create from the tease. Binging feels like it cheapens the medium; reducing stories to "content" to be gorged in one day and forgotten the next.

Weekly / Binge release; fight! 5 votes

One episode per week
    40%
    pixelburpgmisk 2 votes
    Dropped all in one go
    60%
    markw7Atlantic DawnLjmscooter 3 votes
    Other (elaborate!)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dropped all in one go

The lot in one go, I find myself losing interest having to wait week to week.

Advertisement