Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg donation - banks with egg cells

Options
  • 15-12-2021 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello! I’d like to comment on my big concern today. I am 35 years old and I have already done 3 IVFs, all of them failed. My partner and I try not to give up, so we opted for egg donation. We have gone to a fertility clinic. I started with the analytics and now they tell me that there are no local donors and we have to wait for the ideal donor. I feel a little bit disappointed; I was convinced that when we decide to try FET it will speed up all the process. I have been reading about other alternatives and I found out about European cells banks that cooperate with clinics around the world. They have a wide database of donors of various nationalities, which means that the waiting period for a matching donor is much shorter. Now my questions are if anybody has heard about any bank like that or perhaps know some clinic cooperating with such a bank? All the information will be very helpful and I will really appreciate them. 

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @Juleczka I have moved your post to the Trying To Conceive forum which will be better for your query.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I recently spoke to my consultant regarding our issues with trying for our second child and they suggested we look into egg donation (due to my age). She said it is better to go abroad as Ireland don't do enough of it and its still lagging behind in that area. She said they work with clinics in Greece and Prague. I haven't looked into any of them as I don't really want to go down that route. The fertility clinic should be able to give you recommendations of clinics in Europe?

Advertisement