Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW18 transfer thread

• 15-12-2021 12:19am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have 2FTs - wouldn't mind getting in Ronaldo v Brighton.

Also need to decide on getting a 2nd City player v Newcastle.

Will wait as long as possible to make a move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

Dean Smith here talking on SSN, they are awaiting some updates re: covid / injuries and mentioned that their game against West Ham at weekend could be in danger.....

Man United back in training today so their game the weekend should be OK to go.

It will be a week for last minute transfers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

yes i'm doing my best to wait to see if utd go's ahead v brighton, will probably sell sancho and rice(bench player) to foden and ESR i'm not sure yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Definitely.

Jota to Bernardo Grealish or go back to Gundog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Firmino is back now in full training too. We should see tomorrow night how involved he is, so a bit of time anyways.

Don't forget that Jota is fairly nailed around the time of AFCON too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Will probably hold onto Jota because AFCON is soon

Gundogan to Foden is something I'm looking at but need a makeweight for it to happen for a -4

Either downgrade Jota, Alonso, Rudiger, Ronaldo, Watkins to make it happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Have the funds to switch Brownhill to Foden for free and switch to a 352 ... would mean leaving Toney (Vs Southampton) and probably Alonso on the bench though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wouldn't fancy leaving Alonso on the bench against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Would we say Broja is pretty much a starter by now when fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,195 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might do Wilson to Lacazette, would give me a benching headache but I'm sure covid will take care of that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Trying to decide whether to throw a dice or pick a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He definitely is in the short term. Adams is injured so Armstrong is his only real competition. Broja has 6 now this season and is definitely their best finisher. The only problem with him is that he seems to be injury prone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Getting tricky now to navigate. game called off yesterday at 3 hrs notice would mean we're back to a proper lottery.

Half thinking of just using this weeks transfer to get another body in. Have Obamidele as my bench fodder, might upgrade him to Diop if I knew the WH game was going ahead (currently in doubt)

Southampton - Brentford also in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Made the mistake of an early transfer ASM-Denis last GW.

I'll make plans but I'm holding until 10 minutes before the deadline to pull the trigger because COVID news could break at any time.

I've held Son this long I might as well continue to hold. I've had 2 of my best weeks with him on my bench.

Possibly Mbueno to Maddison or Mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

On the off chance that Man United Brighton is postponed, I'll have no keeper having brought in DDG for Steele last week and already owning Sanchez. Bad luck really.

Rather keep DDG as fixtures are quite nice.

Sanchez replacement?

Looking at Fabianski (5.0), good penalty save last night. Couple nice fixtures coming up - NOR, SOU, wat, pal, LEE the next 5 and will mainly be playing DDG anyway so more for this weekend. Only 4 CS's this season though.

Caballero maybe, grand and cheap at 4.5 and at home to Brentford the weekend, wouldn't be confident though.

Martinez is quite expensive at 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking it might be worth investing in a second playing goal keeper myself after Guaita getting rested this week.I know Martinez is a bit expensive but I think Aston Villa have had an improvement under new management and he could be worth having for the better chance of a few extra points each week and I have money in the bank to upgrade a few positions. Guaita has not proved to be a good Sanchez replacement since Sanchez's red card meant I needed to get someone new to play the week he was suspended. I don't like wasting a free transfer on a keeper but I'm happy enough with the rest of the team for next week at the moment but that might all change with game cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If going Fabanski be mindful that WHs defence is depleted at the moment, Ogbonna, Creswell and Zouma are all flagged. I think Creswell is nearing return but Ogonna is long term and Zouma several weeks with a hamstring.

If you are willing to go to 5.1m for a second keeper then Ramsdale is now looking like this seasons Martinez, great shot stopper who picks up save points and has a excellent clean sheet rate so far, 8 from 14 games. I played Sanchez instead of him as I thought Sanchez had Covid (rumours were wrong in the end) and I was convinced WH would score v Arsenal. Wont be making that mistake again, from here on in I think Ramsdale is set and forget

• Registered Users Posts: 22,195 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Selling Wilson might be a luxury transfer this week. Might be a good time to sell Livra. Southampton look poor defensively with all the injuries and their fixtures aren't getting any easier. Like the look of Cash, he was bombing forward a lot against Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Advertisement

Man Utd - Brighton postponed

Good thinking alright. My thinking is I only need a keeper for this weekend as will play DDG in other games but sure who knows how many more games will be affected.

Martinez might be a shout so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Benimar

Deadline extended to 1.30 on Saturday.

no way I’m making a transfer before 1.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Southampton defence has been very poor lately not helped by having a 40 year old Cabellero in nets. I'd be looking to target strikers playing against them.

West Ham - Norwich is off

Sounds like Leicester - Everton is off too.

Watford - Palace off

man utd - Brighton off

Southampton - Brentford off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It's becoming a skinny gameweek. But where it could get skinnier at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ballyargus

is a Free Hit mental in this spot, esp if rivals might tough it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Surely they will just call a halt to the league for a while now. Its getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jones, VVD and Fabinho all Covid positive according to James Pearce

• Advertisement

I wouldn't personally, everyone is in the same boat. Some in better shape than others.

You might play a FH and then players you selected in a game gets called off, completely out of our hands.

Will prob wait til Saturday morning to make picks, be a lot of -4's, -8's and more.

Advertisement