Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix, 13-19 December, Coventry Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

They played a cracker of a 6-5 semi final last year, I think on one of the ITV tournaments, could easily be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Robbo definitely looking razor sharp tonight. Wondering maybe the enforced lay off after being knocked out of the uk champs early might have done him no harm. Recharged the batteries a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Robbo in great form so far, Selby needs to slow this down and try and drag Robertson into a tactical battle.

The camera in the corner pocket had Robertson bang to rights anyway.

Jaysus how the flippin heck did he win that? Mad frame of snooker, would have been an amazing decider.

• Advertisement

Every time I switch over to eurosport this week, to get a break from a certain commentator, it always seems to be Phil Studd on his own in the booth. Just sounds strange and a bit lonely, you'd think they'd be able to find him a partner even if all the main guys have decamped to itv for the week.

Mad shot from Robertson.

Deserves to lose the frame after that.

Robertson through, well deserved in the end he played the better snooker.

You'd have to have Robbo heavy favorite to win it outright now.

The WST are gonna have to get a grip of the audience situation. The phone noise at the UK was a disgrace and now we have people bringing newborn babies into the arena.

That was a truly bizarre moment, as Hendry said what if it starting crying?

• Advertisement

Its amazing how poor Ronnie has played yet he's still in the semi final and leading 3-1, his run to the semi's has been very easy it has to be said, I thought Bingham would cause him some problems, he's by far the best opponent he's played so far but Bingham has been very poor himself tonight, not over yet though, a lot can still happen but both have been very poor.

Ronnie not having the balls put back after Bingham fouled the last red was strange. Could have payed for that but Bingham been way too slack to take advantage, some of his misses have been embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Bingham not at the races tonight

Could O’Sullivan have had Bingham play from behind the brown? If so, surely that was the right shot…

I’d say Bingham wants the ground to swallow him up.

Not putting Bingham in again was very odd, did something similar in F4, don't know why. Shocking performance from Bingham, not at the races against a pretty mediocre O'Sullivan.

"I'm not going to moan about it," says Bingham, after having a good moan about the table, the number of kicks and Ronnie getting all the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yeah, but think Ronnie was in the mood to have a swing at it knowing he was heading for the win eventually.

I'd say the bookies have priced up the final fairly enough. Robbo to win

• Advertisement

Nothing about ronnies choice of shot to play the brown made much sense to me. If he was trying to play the white in behind the yellow not to leave red on if he missed, then he still would have had a tough yellow while leaving the red on again, which he needed to win the frame. Doesn't add up. Neal Foulds was speculating whether Ronnie was having some moral qualms about using the miss rule and have to say that had definitely crossed my mind earlier in the 4th frame where he let an even more bizarre one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mrunsure

Yes, he's refused to take an advantageous miss in the past. His view is that as long as the player makes an honest attempt of getting out of the snooker then there shouldn't be a miss called.

Pretty surprising stat from last night, Bingham was the first top 16 player Ronnie had beaten in a ranking event since last march. Not surprising he's second favourite today as he'll have to improve substantially from his sf, curious to see how his approach will be early doors, will he attack or pay due deference to Robbo and try to be more patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Going into the pack off the cut back red. Ronnie is going to give it a lash here today.

Big chance missed by Neil to apply a real early killer blow there. Ronnie needed that, still second best it has to be said. Needs a good shake to get him really going!

Very strange start. As Dave Hendon just said, could just as easily be 4-0 as 2-2. Ronnie fans will be very happy but he hasn't picked up much from last night, while robbo just not ruthless enough with the chances he's had.

Ronnie'd want to tighten up his game

If he gets out of this 4-4, it'll be some escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great night ahead. Love when Ronnie digs in like that.

• Advertisement

That was simply incredible. What this player is capable of when he puts his mind to it is astonishing. Absolute master class of snooker laying there, i have to fancy him for the match now as I don't think he can fail to improve for evening session.

Advertisement