Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike computer

Options
  • 11-12-2021 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Looking for a BASIC computer. Don't want irrelevant rubbish, just the time, current speed, average speed and 2 trip meters (which are easy to zero!). Suggestions please.

Thank you!

Comments

Cateye cordless , has exactly what you require..Have one on my bike for last 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

I'd suggest considering a secondhand Garmin Edge on adverts for around 50-60euro. (No, I'm not selling one.) No battery (USB rechargeable), no sensors to get misaligned, no tape-out measurement setup, can switch from one bike to another. Sure, you can get a bike computer from Lidl for 7euro when they have them, but a Garmin is just so much better than a standard bike computer, even for 10X the price it at least deserves a look.

I just hate either the battery dying mid-ride, or the sensor crapping out, meaning all relevant info is lost. That's never happened to me w/my Garmin (an Edge 25) GPS; and you can hook it into Strava and map routes, even receive notifications while riding.

Advertisement