Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving a car in Dublin without importing it

• 11-12-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks

I'm going to relocate to Dublin from my good old Russia. Going to work in Ireland for at least a couple of years. I.e. going to be a resident

Here in Moscow, I drive my Subaru wrx sti 2004, it has unknown mileage, a good amount of tuning etc. Would really like to also use this car in Dublin, as it is my precious baby. However, looking at the importing rules, I can see that 1) getting such old and non-stock car registered with Irish plates is a pain 2) the importing fees are just insane

Is there any way to use the car in Ireland, Dublin, without all of these difficulties? I.e. do not "import" it, as most likely it will be moving with me anyway if I switch countries once again, but still paying car taxes and so on

Could not find sufficient info on the net, so asking on reddit

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement