Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC securewatch alarm issue

Options
  • 08-12-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Having an issue with my alarm and looking for advice. I set the alarm when i took my dog our for a walk this morning and on return the alarm had been triggered somehow. I stuck in the code and turned the system off and checked for any signs of a break in but nothing doing. I then headed out about an hour ago and now the alarm will not set and i am getting a read out on the panel saying "open zones Z2 downstairs". I have double checked and definitely no windows or doors open and all contacts are in place. Also panel read out in saying "Z1 door one" followed by "Z2 downstairs" when system is idle.

The system also has the shock sensors on the downstairs windows and im wondering if these need replacing over time (i've had the alarm 13 years now with no issues bar a new battery a coupe of years ago). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lena11

I've only just let the alarm guy out after replacing some of our sensors, we were having very similar issues. Alarms triggering shortly after setting and alarm refusing to arm as it said window was open (window only has a shock sensor and it was closed)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

A system 13 years old, more than likely has some faults.

Get onto your installer and get them to check your system.

As regards the keypad displaying some open zones in the unset state, that was a feature years ago and is perfectly normal

Advertisement