Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof storm damage - New Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Had the same thing happen to me about 20 years ago on a previous new house. Builder did fix tiles back, but they kept coming off. Happened to a lesser extent on some other houses. We were in an exposed area and wind would funnel up the pitch roof and suck off the tiles.

They were told to nail and clip each tile down in the affected part of the roof via an engineer report which they eventually did. This took several years. I think we got home bond involved as well. The did it in an afternoon. It was about 1/4 area or less of a small semi detached house. They used a different kind of tile in this area too I think. I think with longer overlaps. So, it was sorted in the end.

So, get them to fix it as soon as you can. Nail down and maybe clip all the tiles. Get an engineer's report. Your roof looks straightforward. No valleys etc etc.

(Edit: removed a lot of personal drama from this post. But it was not a nice experience. I feel your pain)

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Advertisement