Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gifting digital game downloads

• 02-12-2021 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

My account has GPU and the kids are looking for some games off Santy. Disc based games are great cause they fit in the stocking from him and all but that means disc swapping every time the game is played, so old school.

I believe santy has a microsoft account too.

Can Santy get the game code from the xbox store and send it to his account's email address so it can be printed off and placed in the stockings?

If so (and after typing it out i think so) would it be best if the games are installed under my account 1st or does that matter once the xbox is the registered home xbox on my GPU account?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Go on to the Xbox.com website, and instead of clicking "buy", there's a "Gift" button on the same row. You can then enter any email address that you want to send it to. Pretty sure that it sends the moment you click buy, so if it's meant to be a surprise, maybe hold off on buying until Christmas. I'm pretty sure that it's just a code that they send anyway, so you could send it to your own account and then just print it out. In fact, if your adding it to your own account, you can just get Santa to send write a letter explaining that he's added it to your account.

As for which account you should put it on, it depends on how many Xboxs you have. If you've just got the one, then it shouldn't matter I think. If you've got two, then I'd recommend keeping it on the account that shares their account. As you're already talking about "home Xbox", I'll assume that you already know what game/home sharing is, but you can put it on your account, or on their account, and if it's set up correctly then you shouldn't have a problem.

Advertisement