Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW 15 Transfer Thread

• 02-12-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭

Another quick turnaround and game 3 in a week. Rotation expected again.

I pulled the trigger early for Jimi -> Dennis to beat the price rise. Can't ignore Dennis now and will be great enabler.

Post edited by Fitz* on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Think the thread title needs an update to add 15?

Have real FOMO of Kane and Son this evening. If either of them returns I'll probably try and bring them in.

Looking at:

Sarr to Son, Vardy to Dennis

or

Antonio to Kane, Vardy to Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭sully123

Mcarthur and hwang to bissouma and dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll be doing Jimi to Dennis myself but missed the price rise last night. Wolves fixtures are awful from here and if they couldnt score against Burnley they'll struggle against Liverpool, City, Brighton and Chelsea in the next four.

It would mean Mbuemo survives yet another week but after Spurs he does have Leeds and Watford so will probably hold him through that to see can he hit the bar instead of the post or something.

The alternative is to take a -4 and upgrade him now to Gundogan but he didnt even make the squad last night so there could be an injury we dont yet know about. Maddison another on the watchlist as he has clearly hit form and faces Villa, Newcastle, Spurs and Everton in the next four, all teams he could get a return against. He's only 6.7m as well. Will wait to see how Son gets on tonight first though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Feels a waste to go Jimi to Dennis when I wouldn't be playing either this week but will prob do it.

Could do with upgrading Sissoko too. Any ideas at 7.2

Gundogan and Bernardo just out of reach at 7.3

Have Raphinha already.

Could either upgrade White with 7.1 ITB. Looking at Dias?

Id only go Dias if you already have Cancelo, his output is only just below Trents and even at 6.7m he is still undervalued compared to TAA who is now at 8.0m.

Theres not much around for 7.2m in midfield, ESR, Saka, Bowen & Gallagher. Maddison is definitely in form as well, 26 points in his last two games. A Hammer mate told me Bowen had three decent chances last night and fluffed them all. But he is getting in good positions, certainly a lot better than Antonio lately anyway.

• Advertisement

I should have mentioned M, I have TAA, Cancelo and James already so would be a big 4 at the back and double City defence. They are conceding which is a worry but surely only a blip.

Maddison a good choice although never confident with him and never does well for me in general.

Might well just get Dias & Dennis for Jimi & White for a -4.

yeah I think City conceeding is a blip by their standards and they were keeping a clean sheet v West Ham until that 95th minute Lanzini thunderbolt. You'd hope of their next 6 fixtures they can deliver 3-4 CS which would make the double up worth it as Cancelo is likely to have attacking returns on top and Dias could chip in with another goal from a corner.

Have never owned Maddison myself but he does seem a player who thrives on confidence. Im considering him as a Mbuemo upgrade for the the next 4 GWs but havent looked into his stats or heatmap yet to see if he is just on a lucky streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

I feel like Im late to the Dennis party... but thinking about him and Jota in for Antonio and Gallagher.

I havent seen Palace play at all but read a few reports that Gallagher is playing quite deep now. Obvious concerns over Jota's minutes with Firmino back though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Need rif of Antonio and Hwang soon but there's really poor selection of strikers this season. Probably Hwang to Dennis/King for now

I'll prob hang onto Antonio tbh.

After Chelsea this weekend, not a bad run of fixtures - Burnley (A), Arsenal (A), Norwich (H), Southampton (H), Watford (A), Palace (A), Leeds (H)

He's not firing but as you say, there's not much value elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

So on Bowen, I saw him being recommended on Reddit as having a high xG figure over the last few gameweeeks.

He seems to be getting chances, but not taking them. Is he just a crap finisher?

Messi/Ronaldo/Son always seem to outperform their xg - this guy is underperforming his in a big way. Going on the MOTD highlights he didn't do a good job with the chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ignore the mins of Firmino!

Salah & Mane will also be rested & missing with AFCON. He’s gonna want to keep Jota in his form & as Klopp says in their rhythm.

Olli Watkins is the next train to be on! We’ve missed the start but so has everyone!

Bowen , Maddison, ESR or Cornet.

You’ll have a bit of change with the Dennis & this transfer and I think that will give you great flexibility coming into the Xmas to jump on a player your previously priced out of

I need to ship on Duffy, potentially Sa (due to his fixtures but has been chipping away ok) and Toney/Wilson

I can go

Duffy to Lamptey /Spurs defender

Sa to any keeper

Toney/Wilson to Watkins.

At the moment I’d be playing Sa, Toney & Wilson where as Duffy Is bench player.

Sttikers have ok games & then Sa has very poor fixtures.

Would feel weird moving on a keeper who has been doing well.

any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 35,848 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This.

Jota is a classic case of having to ride out the odd benching. His ceiling is so high when he starts in that team.

He's a 9.5m asset at least, masquerading as one at 7.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I almost did it last GW...

Hwang to Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jimi>Ronaldo for a -4. Wondering if it’s worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might upgrade one of my keepers

Guaita or Fernandez to Ramsdale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

Talk of Vardy needing to get rested and price rise for Dennis convinced me to use my free transfer for Vardy to Dennis last night leaving a very healthy amount of cash in the bank. Think I'll take a -4 to bring in Bernardo Silva if another option is not obvious after this evenings games. Would be my forth hit of the season(the most I've ever taken) but team has been consistently not doing great since a good start in week 1 so may as well make an effort to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rage Transfer Gundogan out for Maddison or Bernardo...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

His 3 shots weren't great last game. The previous 5 games included though he was still about 12th best xG and xG shots on target (excluding pens) which tries takes into account the quality of the shooting. This is good for his price tag. Only Benteke beats him in the period at his price or lower.

He has been a crap finisher lately as he should have scored at least one of his three chances last night, he would normally have done better than that. That said WH are creating a fair few chances and he has been getting into positions Id normally expect Antonio to be in. So once WHs fixtures swing after Chelsea at the weekend he might be an option.

Ronaldo on pens… where’s’ my wildcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Man Utd have a good run coming. Considering Vardy to Ronaldo for -4.

Or may hold off until GW 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I might do Kane back to Ronaldo, don't even care that he has Norwich next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have 2 FT, with 0.4 to play around with. I am pretty nailed on in downgrading Tomiyasu to Ben Davies to raise a bit more funds, after that I am not sure. Antonio and Townsend are two on the chopping block, and I am quite happy with Gilmour as my fodder fifth midfielder. In a pickle. Either Townsend out, Soucek in, or Dennis in for Antonio in prep for bringing Madisson in for Townsend later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

There is not many options at the 5.5m mark. Everton are getting players back gradually - Townsend could spark again. But West Ham have great fixtures and I seem to remember Soucek was in flying form this time last Christmas.

Personally I would sell Antonio in your position. He is likely to be rested over the Christmas schedule.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rage Transfer Kane to Ronaldo!!

2 FT's Alonso & Gundogan scored 1 between them! :(

Advertisement