Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 13 thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Massive gamble by Harbaugh to even go for it, nothing during that game suggested they’d get the score, Lamar was really poor throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Broncos awful tonight and the Chiefs offense pretty poor too but their D was pretty hot.

Patriots are no.1 seed in the AFC and play the Bills tomorrow night.

Crazy weather tonight in Buffalo. Tyler Bass' kickoff landed in the stands behind the end zone.

Patriots playing into the wind in the first quarter, three and out and the punt went about thirty yards.

Bills go three and out too. It'll be low scoring tonight. Might be a field goal battle.

Second Patriots drive is another three and out, punt goes 15 yards.

Damien Harris goes the distance, 64 yards, TD Patriots and the two.point conversion for an 8-0 lead. Two point try was a much more likely chance of scoring than going for the kick.

• Advertisement

Bills punt, ball moving all over the place and hits Harry on the helmet and Buffalo recover at the 14, one pass later and Gabriel Davis is in the end zone. 8-7 Patriots.

Mac Jones hasn't attempted a pass in this first quarter.

11-7 Patriots at the half. Tough, tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Belichek is winning this game, coaching and game plan alone..... Shorteing the 1/4s where Buffalo have the wind and lengthening the quarters where they have the wind..... Buffalo coaches seem oblivious.... They should be using their timeouts in the third q.

Ah, it only took Buffalo 3/4s to realise.... And the commentators are giving him credit for adjusting! Too little, too late.

I truly believe that belichek would have coached any team in the NFL to a win tonight. He's playing chess etc etc....

The penny frequently only drops when it is far too late on the other sideline.

Not to get all Broncos about it, but i really did enjoy Shanahan and Belichek going against each other over the years, it really felt like a titanic battle!

• Advertisement

Huge night for the Patriots. A Belichick masterclass in bad weather football. The players deserve huge credit for executing it.

Fair play. Pats get it done... Just too smart.

Buffalo made a complete balls of that game. Even down to the the last few minutes, didn't get their forth down play done before the two minute warning, would have given them an extra timeout, and then the timeout and runoff gave the pats another 40 seconds off the clock to avoid even attempting a punt.... I was looking forward to an on purpose safety there for a while, but buffalo were so crap, we didn't even get to enjoy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sounds like the pats played smart football given the conditions to get the win but it’s not a surprise given that this isn’t Belichicks first rodeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

9-5 takes me to 118-76 on the season.

That was something from the Pats. I've only been into the sport since 2007 so this isn't saying much but I've honestly never seen a game played like that. It must be so incredibly de-moralising for a team to know exactly what you're doing on every single play and still not be able to stop it. It's taken the Pats O-Line a while to find their feet (getting Trent Brown back has obviously helped too) but thanks to the AFC being so even this year they never really fell that far behind. Now here they are in December hitting their straps with their division and the conference in their own hands. Incredible turn around, one you could only really see being delivered by the Bellicheck / McDaniels coaching team. Hats off, can't wait to see how they go from here on out.

Special mention to the Lions for finally getting it done as well, especially in the manner they did. Never would have backed Goff to get that last pass in there but he finally executed when it really mattered. Loved Campbells reaction (as always in fairness) and the emotion. Great to see it in an age of robotic analytic style coaches. He's a real throwback and in a cool way.

Just watching a clip from the rich risen show from yesterday and I knew the AFC was fairly wide open but he put up the playoff picture(prior to MNF) and Jesus it’s unbelievably close. If it stays this close it’s surely going to be a game featuring an AFC team in week 18 to round out the regular season. Scott Hanson could have a folder with multiple volumes with possible outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Think you've done yourself out of a win there Paleface. You went 9-5 this week by my count.

Thanks for your honesty but I still only count 8 wins : Cowboys, Cardinals, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Eagles, Colts, Rams & Chiefs.

With 6 losses: Bengals, Vikings, Raiders, Ravens, 49ers & Bills.

Am I still missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What I can't understand is how the Bills know where they play and the likely conditions at playoff time and have still constructed a roster that is so poor at running the ball and pretty poor in run defense. It was accepted by pretty much everyone that the Patriots had them significantly overmatched in those spots even before the weather turned it into a game that coaches should be leaning into the run.

Sorry mate, you're correct, think I gave you the Bills or something by mistake.

Hope I'm not being a weirdo here but I don't think you're total adds up correctly? 119 - 17 adds up to 196 games where I think everyone else only has 194 games if you add their totals?

This is taken from the official 2021 NFL rulebook and yes the TNF game last night was game 195 so there had been 194 games so totals should add up to 194 which unlike other years where I’ve gotten all tied up with numbers this year I’m good.

Ah yes now I can see my error. My total should be  119 - 75. Glad you spotted that!

No probs. Can't believe I'm the guy who spots that stuff. So sad.

Advertisement