Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days are you free from booze?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Easy way to control alcohol. Amazing book really as I still haven't touched a drop and confident I never will! Also his stop smoking book worked and haven't smoked in over 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Now on day 25. Stopped due to gastric issues (gastritis, ulcers).

This is my second attempt.

Lasted almost 6 months the first time due to the same digestive issues and once they cleared up I started drinking again and my health problems returned.

I haven't gone to any meetings as I don't think they'd be for me but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Just taking it one day at a time and tbh it's kinda liberating.

I'm now playing golf and swimming at weekends instead of being in bed hungover.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Today marks 5 years (or 1826 days) since my last alcoholic drink. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

4 years and almost one month now. 😊

That's 1,485 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

299 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Spencer Winterbotham

3563 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

I hope it is going ok. You know from last time you can do it. Your mind and body will be all the better for making the change. Keep strong and enjoy the benefits of stopping the booze and ridding yourself of all the time of the worrying and thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drydub

1,851 days.

Always say it, by far, the best decision i have made as an adult to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Spencer Winterbotham

3670 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JackDuckworth89

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ekkinak

196 days

pretty sure this is my last attempt to stop, feeling good

1007 days now.

That’s a great place to be. And if you are anything like me you will not have thought it was possible to be so content without alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭jj880

309 days. Looking forward to my first alcohol free Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭riddles

335 days and counting

• Advertisement

Currently on 2069 days. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 backwithabang

738 days for me, left boards for a good while but always watched this forum.

I normally got to a year previously but glad to have broke 2 years and heading for a 3rd Xmas.

I do have the odd non alcoholic drink but even those aren't really appealing anymore. Can't imagine a weekend wasted being hungover anymore or spending a Saturday from 4 or 5 in the pub, seems like a total waste of time now

Hope all is getting ready for Xmas and not feeling the pressure or urge to drink, you'll feel better and refreshed after Xmas holidays if you avoid it

Well done, backwithabang.

245 days for me, looking forward to NOT drinking during Christmas

Booze-free for 6 years [2192 days], yesterday. :)

11 months

wish i'd done it sooner but I suppose I had to have a few failed attempts to figure it out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Passed the 5 years fully sober mark yesterday.

That's 1,826 days, give or take a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dublinandy3

4405, or just over 12 years now. It's only ever one day at a time though so kudos to all who are doing their best.

This is a nice thread to have, hope anyone who sees it gets the encouragement they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Citizen2011

2,964 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 backwithabang

849 days myself, don't know how I had time to drink and be hungover, busier than ever 😂

Advertisement