Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Compressor advise

Options
  • 28-11-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a compressor for some DIY on cars vans and motorbike. It will be used to pump tyres, work a half inch air gun and other air tools.

What would I need to look out for with hp, tank size, direct drive or belt driven. I know you get what you pay for but how much would I need to spend on an electric compressor that would last. Thanks

Comments

I have only 1 suggestion, buy what ever compressor what have enough air flow for your tools and add extra pressure tank (vertical if possible). Also use some kind of automatic drain valve. Extra tank and automatic drain valve can make your life bit easier. No need new tank, something used and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Something like this should be more than enough to power air tools. I have something similar and have no problems powering tools. the higher the cfm the better https://ige.ie/pacini-50-litre-compressor-3hp-12-8cfm-1797

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Id recommend an aldi compressor great for light home use.

Powercraft branded but im told they are rebranded wolf air compresssors.

Around 150 euro. 3 year warranty.

I have a 150l and 200l ingersollrand but for the small jobs you mention i use the aldi compresser. It will come up to pressure way faster than the other ones.

My aldi compresser is 16 years old and only has needed a capacitor for the motor . 3 euro fix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

If you are using impact gun 50L tank will be empty very quick. Even 100 won't last very long. Air chisels and multi tools are also de divil for using a lot of air

Advertisement