Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a Tee Time in Dublin

Options
  • 26-11-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Myself and a few pals have been part of the recent craze to get into golf postlockdown, a few of us had played it before and are quite handy but for the rest of us we are complete beginners and none of the group are members anywhere. One of our biggest problems has actually been booking tee times to actually play a round! I have been using teetimes.ie to try and search for openings but the options regardless of the day are extremely limited and with the winter getting a time before 12 is nearly impossible.

So far we have only managed to play at Deer Park (3 times) and Buttermountain (once), when we havent been able to book either we have just been heading out for pitch and put or to the range. We live all over Dublin so we are happy to play anywhere in the county and also further a field in Meath, Kildare, Wicklow. So my question is, do most courses in Ireland use teetimes.ie or is just a select few? Are there any other websites we should be using and are there are any courses within the greater dublin area that we might have a chance of booking a semi decent tee time for?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

I've never used teetimes.ie. Have you tried golfnow.ie? They have a lot of filters for location, price, time etc.

Failing that you can try to call the pro shops directly, some courses may be more than happy to cut out the middleman and take the green fee directly. With the reduced daylight hours this time of the year, it can be tough to get visitors tee times in a busy private club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

For the route you're looking at GolfNow might he better. They are linked to BRS who are the timesheet managers for a lot of clubs, so may have better access to spare slots on timesheets?

Wouldn't get you the full 18, but there is a 7 hole course at the back of Grange Castle that non members can book in to through their site. Think you can book it twice and play 14 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I assume you are only playing on weekends is it? Most clubs will have members comps on the weekend which makes it tough. If you are able to do weekdays I know Silloge, Corballis and Donabate would all be fairly open to visitors.

Advertisement