Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with cut hedges

Options
  • 25-11-2021 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Anyone here have hedges cut recently? I just had 1000m of mature whitethorn/ash hedges cut with excavator and shears. It generated quite a volume of material and i need to get rid of it. Am happy to let it go for free as some of it is suitable for firewood. How have others gotten rid of there cut hedges? It's too fresh at the moment for mulching/burning. Not sure if burning say next Summer is even an option, will need to check with the Council. Do you know if there is anyone interested in taking it for mulching? Am based West of the Shannon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

Try Worrell Harvesting. See video below, skip to 19 minutes.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Put it up on donedeal.ie, be lots of takers this winter with oil dearer, welcome in the spring then next Patrick's day with a BIG bonfire of the remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Thegingerbear

Thanks for the replies. I don't think bonfires are allowed but I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There is an agricultural exemption with conditions.

Details here - https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/environment/enforcement/burning/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Lads on your land using chainsaws with your permission…..you will assume liability as an employer basically if there is an accident. And your insurance doesn’t cover chainsaw use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Pull out the firing stuff and leave in lengths. Push the remainder into heaps, with buckrake and bonfire before the end of Feb. Buckrake is better than a grab as it will be wider than the the tractor. Once you start you would be amazed with what you would get done.

Key to this job to to avoid as much handling as it will eat time. Long lengths are easy to pull to a corner or yard for blocking at a later time. The amount of firing in it would shock you. You a serious resource of carbon neutral fuel, don't waste it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dunedin

+1 on the above and the fresher it is the easier it’ll burn so I’d be getting on to it straight away

Post edited by greysides on

Advertisement