Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf - Flooding issue?

Options
  • 23-11-2021 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi There,

I am considering purchasing a property on the seafront in Clontarf but I don's know the area and a quick Google suggests flooding could be a big issue here. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of what the situation is and whether new drainage is actually solving the issue? I don't know if I would be stupid to invest in the area at the moment, any thoughts appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

it really depends on which stretch of the coast road you are on. The locals didn't want the full sea wall so there are parts prone to flooding during storms. It is one of the most expensive parts of North Dublin so you are paying a premium for the location even with flooding issues. The houses range from 250 years old to 10 years. It gives you an idea that flooding is only a minor issue but I remember flooding in the area but never severe. It really depends where check with an insurance company if you can get insurance would be your best bet

Advertisement