Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting attestation ? Send a reminder.

• 23-11-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Drat. Your marker hasn’t registered for the Golf Irl app, your casual round won’t be counted, it’s awaiting attestation.

From today’s IT :

“Of the 2.3 million scores registered in 2020, only 10% were from general play.

We have a competition culture, only 5% of players submitted a general play score.

More than half (54%) of all players have less that 20 rounds recorded.”

WHS would calculate indexes more accurately if every round was submitted, easier done if everyone with a GUI number was

registered with Golf Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,969 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yeah. Always check first that they have it before wasting your time playing a round in the hope that it will be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Know a few people have have been stuck waiting on attestations for long periods of time from people who have the app installed too. Hardly that complicated to click a button!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Surely you could fill a card in and get the marker to sign it and present it to your handicap committee. Just explain to them you had an issue with the app and that's why your score is stuck at awaiting attestation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,969 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Good point. It would help a lot as (if I'm any example) there are always a bunch of unverified scores kicking around in limbo on my club's WHS portal that will stay there until I either delete them or the member concerned does something about them. Pain in the hole.

Advertisement