Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of date feed

Options
  • 22-11-2021 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I have around 600kg of beef nuts that were left over from last spring. There is no best before date on the docket, but I'm guessing early August from dates on other dockets. They were stored in a JFC meal bin, in a shed. Is there any feed value left in them now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Plenty biggest problem is if there is mound on them. If they are not mouldy feed away.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Phone the feed mill and see what they say? They should have data on the feed value over time. If there was no best before date on the docket, surely that is their issue? How were you to know when it should be used by?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

Feed to stores or dry cows but not to in-calf cows. There's a type of mold that can cause cows to abort. idk of it would come on the nuts but I wouldn't chance it on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Who2

I wouldn’t like feeding it to anything. It’s at least five months lying there, it’s in a jfc bin so can’t be a whole pile so let’s say 250kg and you’d chance causing meningitis or some thing else over what’s left, is it really worth the chance.

Advertisement