Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pam & Tommy - Hulu - US Pace - (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks great, I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pam & Tommy, starring Lily James, Sebastian Stan, and Seth Rogen. A Star Original series, 18+, streaming Feb 2 on Disney+

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was surprised when I saw it pop up on Facebook ads recently, looking forward to that now

It seems to be getting very good reviews with a lot of those reviews putting it down to the performances of Lily James & Sebastian Stan's sheer chrisma in the roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stan always delivers imho, good actor but James playing against type is suppose to be really good as Pammy, ( James from Downton Abbey and Cinderella )

Interesting to see a non stoned Seth Rogen in this

Watched the first episode this morning and it was a good start to the series.

The first 3 episodes dropped and the rest will be released weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Watched the first 2 episodes earlier and was surprised by how enjoyable they were. I'll watch the 3rd at some stage this evening.

The 2nd episode had one of the strangest scenes I can remember from recent TV memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Watched two of them as well.Really enjoyable.

I sort of knew about that scene but doesn't make it any less strange 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hats off to the prosthetic guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Watched the first 2 tonight.

That scene in the bathroom is not the Disney I grew up with, hats off.

Yes the prosthetics are great, surprised at the the full frontal but delighted they didn't water it down.

SS & LJ are doing are great job on this.

King & I scene was especially memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Its an interesting show with good acting only downsides are I guess that Pam and Tommy are quite vacuous people so hard to make that all that interesting so instead they seem to spend way too much time on Seth Rogans character who is just a boring ordinary guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I watched the first episode and I'm not sure I'll watch any more tbh. Tommy Lee comes across as such an asshole and just in general it feels like they're stretching a fairly thin story. It was well made and the acting was good, I just wasn't particularly interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I didn't think much of the first episode but I thought 2nd and 3rd were much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

As @FunLover18 alluded to- it’s a fairly thin story and even the two episodes that I saw were really stretching it out.

Sebastian Stan is great and I think Rogen is doing a good job as well but so far I think the character of Pam is a bit grating and hard to keep your attention but it’s early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I don't even understand why this woman was so famous. The past year I watched every episode of Baywatch, I'm on Season 10 in Hawaii at the moment. David Hasselhoff carried that show and the actress with the best body was undoubtedly Yasmine Bleeth. The best characters on Baywatch were the male ones, Craig, Eddie, Garner and my personal favourite was Newmie. Hobie was a good character too even though the actor grew up to be a criminal. In Season 9 there was a scene with Hobie chasing after a man who broke into a car and almost 20 years later Jeremy Jackson himself was arrested for breaking into people's cars.

The best looking person ever to be on that show was Matt Brody and I say that as a straight man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

this show ain’t showing up on my Disney subscription. Is it called something other than Pam and Tommy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Watched it last night at home, and just checked on my disney app on my phone, and it's under 'Pam and Tommy'

Its not too bad but that bit with Tommy Lee having a full blown conversation with his pecker was beyond cringe , Its not like this is some sort of surrealist humour piece , completely fell flat and came across as shock value for the sheer sake of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

You must be using a VPN or DNS service set to US.

It’s on Disney Plus UK & Ireland but only available on Hulu in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really enjoying this series even though so of it is really bat **** crazy

We got a little glimpse of Motley Crue in episode 4 and Mick Mars seemed very energetic

I actually find the story separate from Pam and Tommy more interesting, Seth Rogen is very good in this

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Enjoying it so far, don't want to read too much in to the real life story behind it all until it's over.

Am I the only one to not recognise him

The soundtrack in this is also amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Really enjoying this. Casting was perfect.

Seth Rogen in particular has been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This has been very good so far. Didn't expect to like it as much as I have. Seth Rogans character is very funny and it's a nice mix of good story with funny scenes. Some really top notch music that suit the scenes well. Looking forward to the last two episodes.

Lily James really is fantastic in this.

Very enjoyable series but I'm assuming 'its not getting a 2nd season where they could go into the troubles in Pam and Tommy's marriage' because its down as a limited series ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's the best show I've watched in some time, to think that the cretin Franco was due to play Lee. Both the main actors nailed their parts.

Advertisement