Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best computerised calf feeder

Options
  • 17-11-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

I am grant approved for a calf feeder and will probably pull the trigger here in the next couple of weeks.

I am considering a forster technik in the guise of either lely, delaval or volac.

Another option is the urban in the guise of volac.

Another option still is dairymaster.

However at the moment I am leaning towards the JFC for the ease of use of the touchscreen control system.

In terms of price, the JFC is probably the most expensive by the best part of €1000.

I will be feeding 70ish calves on it so will be buying a 2 station machine. Has anyone out there got any experience or opinions on any of the brands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I know a few lads with the jfc and they are getting on very well with it. I would say for 70 calves you should look at getting 3 stations and keeping 1 as a training station. JFC has an advantage here as it can feed all stations simultaneously, big drawback with forster technik is calves are waiting for another station to feed before they get milk, and end up spending too much time around feeder.

Advertisement