Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Winter Rules and Score Entry through Golf Ireland App

• 17-11-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭ Snotty

How does it work with winter rules and entering a score through the golf ireland app, is 6inch placing still ok for handicap? Assume dropping off to the side couldn't be counted as a qualifying round. bunkers out of play.

What about when we rest a hole and play 17 holes some weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭ callaway92

Counting scores can only be either the Front 9 by itself, Back 9 by itself or the Full 18 played.

Placing on fairways is fine and can be counted. However, if it’s placing in the rough then counting isn’t possible. If though it’s clean and REPLACE in the rough it can be counting scores.

Having to bring your ball to the rough (if you hit fairway) isn’t counting as you’re picking a preferred lie in the rough.

EDIT: the 17 holes actually might be fine for a counting comp now

Post edited by callaway92 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭ Snotty

Thanks for the reply.

Our course will more than likely bring in dropping off to the side from December to march, I'm assuming if I played off a mat from the fairway it could be counting. Would really like to keep entering scores, feel I concentrate better when there is something at stake but need to weight that with using a mat which is horrible in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets

Your club Competitions Committee will need to decide and then enable score entry for the Golf Ireland app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gringuss

@Snotty - If it's strictly fairways that you need to use a mat on then you could continue to submit general play, however as per my club - the marked off areas where you need to use a mat also include some first cut running alongside the fairway - hence no more qualifying golf. Golf Ireland stipulate that it's only preferred lies (use of mat) on areas cut to fairway height or less can continue to be handicap counting. Hope this helps

Advertisement