Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensee - Being asked to pay for repairs

Options
  • 16-11-2021 4:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The person I'm renting from is asking for money from me for some repairs that I'd classify as wear and tear.

I'm being asked to pay for a full set that matches instead of the item in question. It's a pretty ridiculous amount for what it is as well.

I'm wondering where I stand here as a licensee, not a renter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

Kinda hard to comment without more information. Did you break the item? how much are you being asked for? Did you pay a security deposit ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Also if you don't pay are they kicking you out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Security deposit was paid. Had two handles fall off a wardrobe. Minimal force applied. Wardrobe pretty old and handles are held with brittle plastic. I've offered to repair as well as it's a simple job.

been quoted well over 100 euro to replace all handles.

no threats of being thrown out but it's a very distinct possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

At a push they could say you broke the handles off, but that is all you would be accountable for. No need to replace perfectly fine ones.

I'd fix them back on and say no more about it, you still have to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

How long you've been in the place will help too, wear and tear is a much easier sell if you've been there years as opposed to months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had a chat with them. They don't want them just stuck back on and want to replace them all and charge me for them.

I've been here two and a half years.

I'm a licensee so have no rtb back up

So a bit of googling and I found matching handles. They're less than 3 euro each. **** chancers looking for a tenner each and all to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

That's what I'll be doing

Wonderful. The size I'm looking for is discontinued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement