Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink Outdoor Camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭phelimb

Thanks Altor - this seems to tick a lot of boxes for me...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

@altor, did you buy the Blink in the end? Or the Eufy?

Hows it working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Phelimb was looking to so hopefully he can help you out

• Advertisement

@vidapura , I went with the Blink 2 cam system. Easy setup, good range and batteries are lasting well. Picture quality during the day is excellent - not too sure at night as I generally only have it armed during the day when not at home.

The only issue I noted initially is that the motion detection is poor when the object is coming straight towards the camera. Movement from the sides is picked up very quickly but not so from straight on. Maybe playing with the settings/sensitivity would help that but doesn't bother me with the positions I have them in at the moment.

Overall they are a good job and I would recommend the Blink system.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Thanks very much for taking the time to come back and let me know.

Sadly though, I also bought a Blink in the meantime but had to return it cos it couldn't be connected to my mesh system.

Hours and hours working on it with the Blink support etc.. they eventually just threw their hands in the air and said its one of the ones their camera has trouble with.

It is an Asus ZenWifi AX mesh. It doesn't work with Blink cameras for anyone who might be wondering....

Hmmm, that's a pity - I would have assumed in this day and age that something as simple as a camera would connect to any wifi...

Luckily for me I have an Eero mesh (also an Amazon product) so no issues.

Advertisement