Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo - US Pace - Paramount+ (***Spoilers***)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Looks like it's going to be focusing on the fall of Reach which, if done right, could really save the series. Season 1 was very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I just watched the first episode of Season 2. Night and Day better in every single respect than season 1. Within the first 10 minutes you can see a huge uplift in script, cinematography, effect quality, choreopgraphy...literally everything. I'd rate Season 1 generously at 6/10 on it's own merits, and drop a few points as a Halo adaptation. So far S2 is a good 8 or 9 imho, hopefully they can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've never played the game so thanks for letting non-gamers know what happens in the second series that I've just watched the first two episodes of. 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah to be fair to the poster, isn't it the cover poster for Season 2 on the web and Paramount+

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've seen neither and am probably not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Me either and never played the game either. But I watch the series. So far do I think season 1 was better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just watched Reach.. dodgy sangheli cgi aside, this is what I expected season 1 to be

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a great episode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Didn't rate the first episode of S2 but picked up well enough.

Still struggles with crap b-plots, same as first season, but at least they're kinda linked together by Ep3 and 4 so it's not a drag.

At least they're adapting the fall of Reach for S2 and they got the party started early. I still don't get why they didn't just make S1 based on the actual original Halo game (or the prequel Reach). Doesn't matter if you've played the games or not, either are a rock solid sci-fi story that'd be incredible done right.

Also, thankfully S2 seems a lot more consistent, S1 was awful for alternating between looking like a fan film and a blockbuster. It's not brilliant, but it's an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Like I said earlier I didn't rate S1 too highly either on it's own merits or (less so) as a Halo show and S2 had started so much better. Ep 4 ' Reach ' was obviously always going to be a pivotal moment and while I wasn't crazy about some of the narrative changes or the end scene disconnected CGI I think it did okay. I was interested to see how they could align some of the core changes with the apparent intent to return to the mainline story.

Ep 5 though - Utter... UTTER crap in every way. A pointless filler episode that harkens back to the worst sins of S1. The production, script, character devolution and pointlessness of it was just unbelievable. And this right after I'd advised a family member/Halo fan to finally start watching the show (treating S2 as the start)...I feel dirty. Please let this one be an anomaly...

Edit: Oh and also we are now 1.5 seasons and 14 episodes into the Halo show and THERE'S NO FKN HALO. It was there in the first 30 seconds of the first game (one of the best intros to any game ever, and the remastered end-scene for the Reach prequel game). Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

No one's complaining about the lack of a helmet now. Lol ..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's a bit mad that 3 of the main characters are played by Irish actors.

While I'm liking the season so far, one weak part is Kessler and that story.

So how is Makee alive? A clone and that's why she doesn't have the gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its better, less sitting around talking about feelings but still lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Gave this another go after only getting through a few episodes the last time. Actually enjoyed season 1 and 2 is just as good and equally bad. The B plots are just terrible in both as are the non army/ONI characters.

Hope they cut the crap for the rest of the season and get him back in the suit and back in the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That was a great finale, hopefully it gets a third season

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How was Miranda not infected considering her exposure? Just seemed strange the outbreak was happening, supposedly due to that lab, yet everyone seemed to be casually working in the lab.

Still no explanation for Makee being alive.

Dunno if Kai is still alive. Or was her floating there meant to show her dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great finale - so much better season than the first

But damn - every time I see Fiona O'Shaughnessy I keep thinking it's Noomi Rapace, dunno what it is, maybe the eyes, the accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So strange hearing all the Irish accents in this.

A very good season finale.

Miranda never touched it. But ya it was nonsense that she didn't see the carnage outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Great ending, proper bad ass having those Sangehili getting downed and then with the Arbiter.

Much better CGI in this episode compared to earlier.

Would have liked to see a bit more of the space battle tbh. Also while the show is about the chief, it paints the Spartan 3s as pretty much standard soldiers.

Spartan 3's were just standard soldiers. Calling them Spartans was just propaganda.

Was surprised with the outcome of the final fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Brillant show! Can't wait for season 3. Hopefully it'll be spring 2026, a part of me hopes it'll be late 2025 but unlikely. I'm sure Kai is still alive and we'll see her and Riz back in season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Finished S2. Hell of an improvement on S1. Still quite different from the games but it was just more cohesive and consistent and the last few episodes were super fun.

Ep5 was a major clanger though, they seriously need to stop injecting those utter drivel z-plots like Soren and his missing son. I had to actually stop my friend from fast forwarding those scenes.

Re: Spartan III, in the Halo lore they're augmented like Spartan II, but in the show they are just regular soldiers given armour. In Halo Reach, Noble Team are Spartan III for example.

Advertisement