Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 14th November 2021

Options
  • 14-11-2021 9:54am

1.10 Cheltenham UNDERSUPERVISION 11/2 Boyles

An open novice chase this; where I feel the selection is maybe 2 points bigger than what he could be. In his 3 hurdles' races he mainly ran on soft or heavy. On his first chase start, which was over C & D last month; he ran on good ground, and finished 2nd of three to Kim Bailey's Does He Know, who takes part today also. A bit to take on trust as he made a few blunders that day, including banging into the running rail on the straight. Still, he was only beaten 12 lengths in a race that was ran in a respectable time. Allowing for improvement, and hoping for less errors, he's a candidate here. Only five runners, and although he can be backed each way with 2 places on offer, he looks like a win or come nowhere prospect in this.

☺️ Gluck

Comments

3.15 Punchestown

A lot of these either don't appear good enough, or the trip will stretch them, or they may need it softer. 21 runners declared, and of those, 20 are due to go to post at this stage. I'm happy that I've (only 😋) managed to find three with what to appear to have 'live claims'. Going each way on them, and I'm half expecting that one of em will win. Not gonna go overboard, but I will back them each way.

DALLAS DES PICTONS 16/1 PP/Boyles. Is lightly raced over hurdles for an eight year old. Probably prefers softer, as that is what he normally runs on, but has won over the trip before on good ground at Leopardstown back in '19, and is a course winner (also on good). He ran okay over half a mile shorter at Cheltenham in March on good. Couldn't leave him out of calculations based on that recent(ish) run..

CALAGOGO 16/1 PP. Like DDP, he's also trained by Gordon, is only 5, and has won most of his few races. Came 4th at Cheltenham last month over 3m in a fast ran race.

LORD GILLYGOOLEY 12/1 PP/Boyles. Bottom weight here, and has finished 2nd/1st/2nd/3rd in his last 4 races. Those were all over the same, or similar trips as today's. This is a better race than those 4, but he's only 6, and has shown serious improvement since moving to Matthew Smith's stable inside the last 6 months. He will also be carrying a lot less weight today than in any of his recent outings. He might not think he has a jockey on his back today 😁 Should he win, I expect Matthew to say the same thing..

Gluck all ☺️

Punchestown just started on RTE2.

Advertisement