Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free and Open Source Software for Farming

• 08-11-2021 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭

Anyone come across good free / open source software for the farm?,

I'm thinking of dropping the subscription service I'm currently using and FarmOS looks to tick a lot of boxes, the biggest draw back is it won't have Agfood/ICBF integration but I don't think that is too big an issue since DAFM released a calf registration app and I always use Agfood for movement certs anyway. I'm testing it at the moment and have it running as a webserver on a Raspberry Pi, it covers animal records/medication/weighing etc, Farm mapping and field input recording and more.

I'm also playing with AgOpenGPS as an opensource GPS system for spraying/fertilizer spreading, although it will be spring before I get to test it out properly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Would be interested in hearing the approach and hardware you are planning on using for the GPS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭emaherx

So far I have an old tablet laptop and cheap GPS dongle, I'm sure it won't be accurate enough for most tasks, but allows me to test the software.

Haven't yet decided on the GPS unit I'll use, but I'd like section control at least on the sprayer boom, probably won't need full autosteer but we'll see how it goes.

Advertisement