Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1883 - Paramount+ US Pace (***Spoilers***) Yellowstone prequel

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Oldira

It started off great but sagged as it went on. A pretty bleak watch in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

Late to the party on this one but as someone who never watched Yellowstone, I had a very different idea in my head of what sort of TV show it would be.

Absolutely incredible show, the cast are all stellar but Sam Elliott is something else and the actress playing Elsa is excellent as well. Beautiful production and far bleaker than I expected, some very poignant moments that'd get the tears going.

I very much enjoyed The English as well recently, another great slice of western drama, but 1883 beats it soundly in all departments.

So good that I binged it and 1923 in two days and now about to start Yellowstone itself. 1923 is a fantastic show too and I'm desperately hungry for more but honestly it's not on the level of 1883.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I knew the series was a once off 10 mini series but I just finished episode 2 and I’m devastated that this isn’t an ongoing series.

All the characters are fantastic but Elsa is a scene stealer.

I’m very annoyed though that the preview thumbnail spoiled that Tom Hanks was I. The show. I expected him to have a big role with the wagon train encountering the army along the way. I was not expecting him to be on screen for only 2 minutes with very little dialogue but what a scene it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Finished the series earlier.

Absolutely fantastic stuff. Every shot is just beautiful.

I understand now why it is limited series. :(

Interesting little moment when Graham Greene’s character tells James that in seven generations they will take the land back and James agrees. I believe James meant it but I wonder if his descendants have passed on knowledge of the promise each generation. Certainly doesn’t seem like the modern John Dutton would honour it, but fate has taken it out of his hands with Tate being the sole heir when that time comes to pass.

Advertisement