Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 268 - Usman vs Covington

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thought when the last judge had it 49-46 it was Zhang for sure

I had it 2-2 going into the fifth and thought I was being generous because I was pulling for Rose.

Weird score

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Personally I could never score the 5th as a 10-8. She was dominant absokutely in terms of control but there was no real damage done imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Winner takes it all

Colby walking out to Kurt Angle's music...... amazing!

Am I alone here or does Colby look extremely worried? Weird expression on his face and lots of big exhalations

• Advertisement

Setting himself up for his transition to "sports entertainment" perhaps?? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I was pulling for Zhang, but I scored that 3 rounds to 2 for Rose. She really showed something special in that last round. Zhang is still my favourite female fighter, but any doubts I had about Rose as the best in the division have been put to rest. Great showing.

Absolutely. That's how champions do it.

I remember watching her I TUF. She was good but didn't show anything that would make you think she was a GOAT in the making. And look at her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Everytime anyone defends a title more than once.

No one:

Not a single **** soul:

Rogan:

"If they defend it again again we have to consider them for the greatest (insert weight here) of all time.

This "Greatest of all time" stuff gets on my nerves. It's like being the World Champion isn't good enough or something.

• Advertisement

He was saying it about Woodley a few years ago ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think this one goes past three rounds. Usman on top everywhere.

Very tentative start from Colby I think. Hard to stand in front of a guy who has previously caved in your face.

1st round to Usman.

Colby looks like a completely different man in there tonight. Doesn't look confident at all and was lucky to get out of the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Can't see this going the distance. CC getting totally outclassed here. He is like a totally different fighter from the first encounter.

I'd give that second round 10-8 but if not .... this could be 2-2 😯

I think Colby won 3, 4 and 5.

Usman 1 & 2 but the second 10-8.

Draw for me

I have usman up a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Sal D'Amato 100% nailed on for the bullshit score card.

Other two are about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta give kudos to Colby to come back from what happened in round two and put on a good show.

Usman is on a different level to everybody else.

They should have Edwards fight Covington and if he wins he gets a shot, if he loses Colby gets another shot.

There's big gaps in the division imo, Kamaru is out on his own and Colby is well ahead of the rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hmmm that was a pretty close fight, the knockdowns in round 2 seem to be pushing people to pick Usman. I got Colby winning rounds 3, 4 and 5 although they were each close rounds. 1 and 2 were not so close hand go to Usman with 2 being a 10-8. But that makes it a draw. I think a draw is the right result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm glad Colby at least got back into the fight from the third, first two rounds were looking very shakey.

Gaethje v Chandler, what a classic war, it delivered and then some. I'm genuinely shocked it went the distance, Chandler ate some huge shots I really didn't think he would be able to take. Hell of a fight though, up there with the best.

There only one winner but no losers as they say. Chandler might be 1-2 in the UFC but he's put on spectacular fights.

If Colby wants to come back quick let’s say Feb/Mar, and the obvious Masvidal fight cannot be made becos of him fighting in Dec, then I’d like to see Colby vs Diaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

what was the problem with the mat??

fighters slipping all over the place

Hope to see whoever is willing to fight again quickest either Usman or Colby get out in again vs Edwards. Usman has been very active the past 2 years so maybe give him a bit of a rest and make it Colby vs Edwards.

Advertisement