Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miles Aries aircraft at Castlemoate

Options
  • 05-11-2021 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am trying to trying to assertain the current whereabouts of the cockpit of G-AOGA Miles M.75 Aries which was at Castlemoate House, Dublin Airport and was last said to be in a garden shed in Skerries - can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NISPOT

I've been sent this pic of G-ANPC Tiger Moth which was also last noted at Castlemoate - does anyone know where this is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

How long ago was this? I'm asking how long ago because there was a guy in Ireland with a couple of Miles aircraft and the bits of a few more.

This was a long time ago, about 40 years. If I remember correctly his name was Russell Wynn if Wynn Technologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NISPOT

You are on the right track in that the aircraft in question G-AOGA was owned by Russell Winn at Kilbirttan House, Cork, Flowing his death in an aviation accident in 1982 his aircraft collection was sold on to various different sources. G-AOGA was moved by road from Kilbrittan to Castlemoate House however the fuselage was badly damaged in transit due to overtighening of the restraining straps. The remains of the fuselage, wings and engines were seen at Castlemoate House in 1991 however the cockpit section had been taken away prior to that - the story is that it went to a garden shed in Skerries but where exactly and to whom is unknown.

Post edited by NISPOT on

Advertisement