Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8-Bit Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭santana75

That actually looks alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Digital Download at the end of the month so it seems to be bypassing cinemas in Ireland and the U.K. and straight to iTunes, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's odd that we're still getting 1980-set nostalgia bait in 2021. Reminder that The Wedding Singer was released only 8 years after the decade ended!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,043 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched this today, sweet and funny, I could relate to the NES obsession....but I was more the mega drive era!

good family fun (it's on sky and now TV)

Good cast, the kids weren't annoying, also June Diane Raphael should be in more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A rare surprise in the over-saturated Christmas movie genre. Reminiscent of The Sandlot and other coming of age movies, the whole family enjoyed it and I can see it becoming a regular in the run up to Christmas in our house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not for me. Found it passable but not much more. Standard for the 'it's streaming so I'll lower my expectations and stay on my phone' era. Also, odd to see a children's movie so deliberately targeted at 40+ men?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I really enjoyed.

The kids were very funny and the interaction with adult Jake and the daughter was great.

A nice moral to it all too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,973 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's targeted at everyone I think. The use of the NES was a clever way to bring an older audience into a kids film. But had it been some random unknown mcguffin (like the toy in Jingle All the Way) it still would've worked just fine.

I quite enjoyed it anyway, really nailed the tone it was going for, that rag-tag bunch of kids idea, like the Mighty Ducks or Sandlot or something. Perfect during-the-day christmas time type of movie.

Advertisement