Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 29th October

Options
  • 29-10-2021 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Few nice bets lined up

1.20 Newmarket and 1.45 Down royal and 1 more later on.

1.20 Newmarket, Filistine, currently around the 9/10 - 10/11 mark price wise. Lay bet here, won't win in my opinion. Ran OK lto, but this race is similar to its previous and a few smart types here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.45 Down royal, party Central. Around 5/4. I've backed to win. The horse has done me well in recent times and I think it'll go in again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Last bet of the day for me.

1.05 Wetherby, Barbados bucks, around 11/10. Backed to win and my best of the day. Looks like chasing will suit this horse and will hopefully win well.

Hard to tell sometimes if someone's being sarcastic on here 😁 Winner was Filistine, by a neck, btw

3.40 Newmarket Croeso Cymraeg 14/1 win , Moving Light 9/2 win

A lot of these just don't look good enough. Of the top two in the betting, Fireworks @ 7/2 needs a bit to take on trust regarding the trip, and Kattani @ 4/1 looks like he may need softer ground. Croeso Cymraeg @ 14/1 is one of the outsiders, has seen some support, and is worth a small bet, as the trip and going, at least, should suit. Moving Light hasn't raced in a long time, but won on his first ever start over this trip last year, as a 3yr old. The layoff shouldn't be a problem for him. Prices aren't overly generous, but are decent for 2 picks against the field. Win only on the both of them, as they look a bit lacking in the 'each way credentials' angle..

😊

• Advertisement

^^

Nothing doing there

7.30 Kempton MISHAL STAR 11/1 gen ew

Unless ya can make a solid case for the best priced 13/8 fav Run To Freedom, it's hard to rule out most of these. Fav deserves his position atop the market, as he's only three, and is a C & D winner from lto on his first go at 6 furlongs. Pretty solid credentials, but is very short, and up in grade from a Class 3 to a Class 2.

Looks a bad race to be drawn high, and the pick is drawn just that, placed in box 8 in an 8 runner field. Does merit an each way bet at the prices imo, as she came placed 3rd lto over C & D in the same grade as tonight, when racing on the outside. Has drifted out to a backable price; presumably on account of the draw, as she was 5s or so earlier. Unsurprisingly, David Probert - who rode the selection lto - opts to ride the fav, which he has ridden previous.

Is lacking a tick in the "leave the house and walk down to the shop and lump on" 😂 box, but I may have a few each way pennies on her yet..

Gluck 😊

Ventured and got 11s and a nice blueberry muffin on the way home.... as I was passing, I popped into Paddy's - could have got 12s there; ah well 😶

Runs okay for most of the race, but Mishal Star fades badly in last furlong to finish way out the places 😍

Advertisement