Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hobbies for a 30 year old guy to meet single women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bacon?

Yoga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

My 2c… what are your female friends/relatives' hobbies? Ask if you can come along some evening, if it is a hobby you like, or would like to learn more about.

I went to so many bloody classes when I was single. My salsa class was all women. Swing class was full of engaged couples, other single women, or far-too-old-for-me auld lads. I even went to a Fine Gael fundraiser once as I was told there'd be loads of single men, ffs. 😄

Post edited by LimeFruitGum on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭gifted

Im 52 now....if i could give advice to me at 30 I'd tell myself to just say hi.....thats it...it'll play out itself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭randd1

Stalking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Busses used to be good. Now they just stare at dating apps on their phones…lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Mass tree planting events or mass clean up events or sauna and seaswimming events.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Makes no difference where you put yourself, if you have it , you have it , if you don't , you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

It isn't advisable to approach women especially if you are incel tier sub 5 man. Women can easily say you are harassing them. I would never approach a woman as I am too socially inept anyway but it is not worth getting arrested over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I would dearly love to know what you were replying to, three years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,174 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Surely this is a problem now in the dating scene?

My niece was telling me recently that men rarely approach them now in nights out, they just sit with their mates and chat.

Can understand. Society has now told us if you go and chat to a girl you're a creep who is harassing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Drug dealing and hillwalking.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Truthfully there aren't many unless it's something you really are interested in and you're actually there for that reason (the reason being that you are interested in it and not the main reason to meet romantic possibilities).

It's one of the big flaws in online dating sites. Proximity and familiarity is...I don't know...a primal part of attraction lol the fact that I even have to mention it (not to you..but just to myself but it's just an obvious thing)...cavemen weren't sitting there thinking about sexual possibilities accross the globe or even 5km away lol....

If we are to go down the online route which it seems it's going...dating sites and the likes are going to have to find an online way to remove the lack of proximity....which is to create a community…I think it started that way with the internet like internet communities but that can get very messy and messy is very clear online (messy is in real life too but not as clear 😁) !!!

There's alot to be said for a community…good and bad...my mam told me that my granny had this mass/bingo girl gang thing and even then they created a distance between themselves like they'd refer to one another as Mrs Smith rather than first names?...but if Mrs Smith got a new coat or whatever…she was wearing that to the mass or bingo and it was going to be noticed 😁😁 well obvs my granny wasn't single but I'm sure it was similar to arriving at the disco in a new dress and if such his face heard you wearing a new dress to the disco....that was all you needed 😁😊

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Anyway sorry yeah you should take up Badminton. 😁😁

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

OP hadn’t been on Boards for 2.5 years, can anyone do a welfare check on them please?

Make sure during these interactions in the hobbies op if you do get them…not to show any emotion, not to be responsive if they show emotion, not to use humour if you are a woman (it's ok ...probably positive thing if youre a bloke but if a woman it's a no no), be highly sexual with a slow veer of mystery...oh **** no I got that wrong...be highly mysterious but with a slow veer of sexual teasing. If you do manage to sleep with them... afterwards hit them with a cold hearted blunt of rejection and don't hold back. Never hold back. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Was busy buying my nice house 3 years ago. Guess in the excitement I must have forgot about you, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Forgot about who, though? Like, genuinely, how did you even find this thread??? I'm fascinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Id say they're doing ok. It's the rest of us that need a welfare check

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Masturbatory Alignment classes and if you know where to find them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Some people stand in the darkness. Afraid to step into the light

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

In us we all have the power

But sometimes it's so hard to see

And instinct is stronger than reason

It's just human nature to me

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭forrestgeorge

Coach a junior football team

Undoubtable be single mothers there with their children, can be somewhat difficult for single mothers to get out on the dating scene, baby sitters for one and a lot of men dont want a relationship with a single mother, so can be starved of male attention, so you spring into action.

Now you must praise the child in a way that is actually praising the mother.

"You have loads of energy today ,you must have a good breakfast"

"You are running really fast in your new boots"

"Top of the range track suit there kiddo, only the best for you"

"New hair cut, looking sharp kiddo"

You catch the drift? The single mother doing her best for her child is now getting approval/validation for her efforts, she will see you as a man who appreciates her good work, play your card right from this solid foundation and you will be in like Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you like music and going to gigs and festivals, volunteer for each of the festivals, its a great way to meet like-minded people. Usually on the first year of each festival you work short shifts in the weekend and your free to enjoy the festival. If you get a kick out of this and your not too busy in your job, you can apply for advance volunteering the following year and work the shifts at the pre-event during the week and then your free for the weekend to enjoy the music, alternately you can do post-volunteer work which is working the breakdown of the festival after the event. But you meet all sorts of characters. male and female. Give it a go.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Why has this happened though?

Is it really true? I see this posted on reddit a lot but I've never been called a creep by a girl I approached in public, not that I do it mad often. Is it a defeatist cop-out for incels?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,174 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm only going on what I have been told by a niece in her early 20s. She told me guys don't seem to make approaches to girls in bars any more.

Admittedly its anecdotal evidence. Its only what her group of friends is experienceing, it doesnt mean its happening en masse. Im sure there is still plenty of fellas trying to chat up girls out there.

Then again, as I said to her, why don't girls go and chat to the guys then if you're interested? It's not against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I would suggest hillwalking or some active or interactive hobby. As a male you might see naturally occurring opportunities to help a female, like giving a needed hand over a stile and being generally chivalrous without forcing it onto females, and avoid “mansplaining”. Develop a curiosity about others, where it comes across that it is all about everybody else. As a woman this is the type of guy I would be naturally inclined towards. The key is to be interesting and be interested.

Hill-walking, sailing, horse riding, flying, rowing, biking, anything to do with projects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Boy you have some romantic notions about single mothers. Have you actually dated one and their baggage?

Advertisement