Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pylontech charge/discharge

Options
  • 25-10-2021 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭

Just wondering for those with Solis inverters coupled with pylontech batteries what charge and discharge settings have you for them. I have 3 X 2.4kw pylons and it is set to 50A charge and 50A discharge. Just wondering if this can be increased and if so what would be the maximum setting for three of these.

Add an aside in tempted to add a 4th too if reasonably priced one becomes available as with moving today to Esb night boost plan I intend for winter months to use their two hour 6c window to charge them and then discharge during their high day rate hours.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

What can your inverter charge at? That could be your limit instead of the batteries.

Do you set the amperage or is it set by the pylontechs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Solis inverter automatically puts in 50A charge/discharge when entering pylontech in setup. This can be changed but just wondering if Solis had maybe gone with the settings for a single pylon? I will see if can dig out some info on it online but very hard to come by info for this with Solis.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You have already 3 pylontechs, and each one can do 1.2kw, try changing that setting to the max (I think it's 63amps)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Sorry for jumping in on this. I will be isnatlling 5kw Solis Hybrid inverter and 2x 2.4kw Pylontech batteries shortly as part of my new pv set up. I'm just wondering how you set up to charge the batteries from the grid at night rates and then discharge during that day when needed? Is it all done via the Solis app or is there a pylontech app to programme this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

it's done in the inverter, Advance Settings (password is Up,Up,Down,Up) > Storage Set > Self Use... see attached pic from the 5G RHI manual

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Thanks. So i am right in that if you turn that on, the battery will charge to 100% off the grid every night for the times set eg 11pm to 8am? But if it was a bright sunny morning in May it would be wasteful to arrive at morning with a full battery when it could charge up from solar for free. I guess i thought there would be an easy way to set up charge / discharge times as you wanted from the app. Heading up to the attic to make changes regularly not user friendly!

Advertisement