Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Slightly disappointing bag from Deli 613. Egg salad sandwich, tub of slaw and harissa salsa. Total RRP of €16.50, which seems insane to me.

(I don't know why my pictures are always rotated when I post them, btw.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

All depends from phone orientation - forum can read exif details to correct it in the right way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

Just bought by first order on this app.

It's a small supermarket, from a deli. Should I go to the deli and ask or should I go to the tills? Always feel like a fool and cheapskate for getting things like this.

Seemed to be quite lucky, I got the last bag.

Annoyingly seems the other 5 locations seem to sell out instantly a day in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PublicBen

When you click into the order it should say where to go i.e till, deli, customer service desk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

Ridiculous. I got an alert at 3pm to say my order would soon be ready. (collection was from 4pm).

I just got ready to go to the shop and pick it up and check the app to see it's cancelled!

Load a rubbish!

• Advertisement

At least you weren't *in* the shop when it got cancelled. Happened me before and I'd driven halfway across the city to get it.

It's annoying, but it's not the fault of the app.

Sometimes they put up bags in case they have food left over and when they realise they dont have stuff, the bag gets cancelled.

Happened me before when I was walking to the door of the place - said they haven’t traded in months so didn’t know how the bags showed up on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

Got a Boojum €4.50, you go up, and you get a bowl full of whatever you want from what they've left. In my case Mexican rice, black beans, pork, salsa, cheese sour cream.

I would normally get a burrito from Boojum, so when I got the bowl, I was surprised by the weight of it. I weighed it when I got home, and it's just over 1 kg. I can't say if that's normal, or they just super loaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Very disappointing bag from Mad brothers on friday. Complained via app and still no reply. Think I'm done with this after some previous bad experiences.

What was wrong with it? Bad quality food, or not value for money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do all the Boojums work like that for Too Good to Go orders? i.e. Do they all let you choose whatever you want from what is left? I don't want to order from Boojums and end up with lots of their items that I would not eat. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭gussieg

That was my boojum experience, they let you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

food was ok but vfm was very poor. A week later i'm still waiting for reply.

Go into the “bag” on your orders and select the “need help” to contact the app. They are generally quite enough to respond that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anyone know what happens if you don't collect, but outside the 2 hour window to cancel? Guy working there before told me only charged on collection, but not sure what happens for a no show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Jizique

Same happened me, ordered yesterday but had a few things on and totally forgot this evening - have no idea what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭crayon80

They got me to swipe in front of them before saying if it's not swiped as collected, they don't get paid. I guess the litmus test will be if you check in a day or two to see if you're charged!

If its not collected you get charged anyway but the food probably gets dumped which defeats the purpose of the app

Mad Brothers Bakery

The sausage roll thing seems like it’s yesterday’s food (not close to being fresh). The croissant seems fine. The bread roll and loaf are extremely crunchy on the outside but fresh inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Poor enough experience for the Surf and Turf box at Supervalu Knocklyon. There were two other people ahead of me collecting, though I'm not sure what boxes they had ordered, so maybe you need to get there at 8pm sharp to get the nicest stuff.

I got a tub of light coleslaw, a pack each of cold chicken and corned beef, a Happy Pear pizza, and a veg coconut curry, all expiring today. Some of the chicken went to the animals, rest of chicken and corned beef have gone into the bin. The curry and pizza have gone into the freezer. Noticeably lacking in the 'Surf' side, so wouldn't be going out of my way to go back there.

It's a lovely store though, much more spacious than Ballinteer.

They did include a copy of the email that TGTG send to the store, so if anyone is good at faking email addresses, they could feel free to send in a few extra orders for themselves!

• Advertisement

Anyone get from Milanos yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i have placed 3 order in the last two weeks that have been cancelled, i am close to giving this up as a date of time

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Heard of someone having the same experience twice in Grand Canal Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Twice in SuperValu and once in aldi, I’ve only managed one collection from centra

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

Got those from Ballymaloe shop. Says mislabeled or close to expired. Date is 2024 so good while to go.

Maybe there is cat food instead in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Harika

Starbucks Liffey Valley. Collected Saturday evening (19th) - pity the panini was dated the 18th and ham has already changed colour.

• Advertisement

I finally got a Sheridan's bag. Started a new job just around the corner and have been watching the app like a hawk on the days I'm in the office. 4 came online there at 11am and I got one. Were gone within minutes. I went straight around to collect mine and what looked like the other 3 people arrived pretty much right behind me.

Advertisement