Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

no more tickets for Scotland and Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

no Italy tickets left as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

I was just able to (finally) add two to my basket. Wasn’t bothered so I released them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The supporters club is a total farce. I'm still genuinely surprised that they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The new Ticketmaster website is a nightmare, its so slow and buggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yeah it’s a paid privilege to have a chance of a chance of getting some crumbs.

Meanwhile every school gets tickets to raffle amongst their staff.

Mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Ronney

I'd take a good guess that those schools play Rugby and a number of those staff coach those teams. Its unfortunate that tickets are hard to come by but a large number are distributed to Schools and clubs that play the game.

IRFU really need to look at the size of the stadium....

They will release more tickets in time, returns, they always do when its 3 home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

They need to take a look at the amount they hand out to corporates tbh. You want fans of the game at it, kids, coaches and so on. Not folks on a jolly from work

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The IRFU do not "hand out" to corporates. Every ticket is paid for my somebody, so in the case above of a school raffling the tickets between the teachers, invariably the school pays for the the tickets. And fair dues to them for employing some good business acumen to keep their staff happy.

Leinster provide access to schools and clubs to tickets as a reward for the running and promotion of the game. The tickets still have to be paid for. How the schools and clubs divvy up those tickets is purely up to them, and some clubs would shut down without the financial assistance this "access" to tickets gives them.

There would never be enough tickets available for the "6 nations fans" out there who only come looking for tickets in the first few weeks of every new year

Post edited by sydthebeat on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Many rugby schools do get them but it's far from just staff who get them.. it's their coaches. Refs who get them which is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

How many corporates do get them though? Clubs get a significant proportion of tickets already. Ref associations, schools, provincial branch sub committees as well all get OK supply's of tickets as well

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Billy_the_Kid
    Master

Many clubs give an agreed % of their tickets to the club sponsor or 'corporate partners'. The sponsorship money they get would cover a large portion of the clubs teams costs for a season. Way of the world unfortunately.

What I mean by 'hand out' is the amount that are made available for private sale to sponsors ie vodaphone. I've zero issue with the schools /clubs getting them, as you say, it's reward for running he promotion of the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What amount is that then?

How do you know it's the IRFU that are offering the tickets for sale.

Surely youre not referring to the 2000 ten year premium tickets specifically targeted at corporates and not private, as the cost of these are extremely prohibitive to individuals.

Bad guess. The four schools I know teachers in don’t have rugby teams, 1 is a national school. All based outside Dublin.

The draws are between all staff interested in buying tickets. For themselves or others. One of the schools two staff that entered the draw (from over 100 staff) I know one of them personally. Neither play or ever played rugby.

Rugby schools get them and so do non rugby schools. I’m not making up stories, this is from experience. And all of the schools I know of have a draw between all staff who wish to go.

Obviously I've no idea on the number. The IRFU are not transparent in that regard. I know tickets have been made available for private sale in the past because links to the Vodaphone sale have been thrown around on this very forum. A poster above who couldn't get tickets suggested the IRFU look at the stadium size, I'm simply suggesting less sales like that may be a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The issue for me is the amount of corporate tickets available. Having worked in a few places that provided corporate tickets to staff and clients, they are widely available and relatively easily obtainable when the regular punter hasn't a hope of a ticket. And a lot of the people that go on these corporate tickets, from my experience, have little interest in the game and merely went for the 'experience', booze, free day out and Instagram pictures. That contributes hugely to the frankly dogshït atmosphere in the Aviva on most game days. And that's not to mention that a corporate provider is selling the ticket at 4x the face value by simply tacking on a lunch and providing a lanyard and calling it 'hospitality'. And the majority of that money is not going back into the game.

Rugby is so popular now in Ireland that the IRFU should work harder to get tickets into the right hands of fans who'll make the Aviva a rugby cauldron and grow its popularity further.

Post edited by Exclamation Marc on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

Bumping this one last time if anyone might be interested 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kb1989

Ireland v Italy tickets going on general sale at 3pm.

Just had a look at Gigsberg, all the ticket listings seem to have a meal included so its some kind of hospitality package I guess.

Perhaps this allows them to be sold for more than face value, the meal might just be a voucher for McDonalds, who knows.

Still massive holes in the IRFU's ticket distribution though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Deramore

Tickets were up just before 3, some pairs in bad sections available. Only singles available now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

A few sets of 2 toegther there now

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

I will likely will have 2 spare France tickets for sale if anyone is looking for a pair, Cat 2 , 110e each, section P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

€100 for this seat for the Italy game..err no thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

And more left at that price point...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

If I'm paying that much for the Italy game, I would at least want a pair together. Not 2 singles. I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

I never saw any public sale for the Wales game.

Advertisement