Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handmade: Britain's best woodworker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Good final, Nathaniel did a great job, lovely design.

Wolfgang's skills test was like something from 1st year woodwork, he's a great character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wolfgang's wine holder was really sloppy, I'd expect better from a 1st year student. I did like the idea though.

Tbh I liked Jen's final piece.

They didn't show the contestants initial reaction when the winner was announced. I wonder if Wolfgang had a bit of a moment.

I did like Nathaniel's final piece, plus it had a lovely finish. The knife block was also a great idea.

He was a steady contestant all the way through.

Shame they didn't give an update on what all the contestants have been up to at the end of the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They didn't show the contestants initial reaction when the winner was announced. I wonder if Wolfgang had a bit of a moment.

Oh yeah, wonder what the story was there? Not mentioned over in the Digitalspy thread, not seeing anything on Twitter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They did show Jen congratulating him, but the segment was weird which is how it actually registered to me.

I think Wolfgang thought he had it in the bag. He is very skilled but he kept over promising and under delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I finally managed to finish this series about a month later!!

Couldn't argue with Nathaniel as winner although I was rooting hard for Jen at the same time. Both made outstanding islands, but Jen's finish let her down - and to be fair the design and finish of Nathaniel's was amazing, she sheer amount and quality of slats to clad all the pieces was kind of mesmerising!

Wolfgang could have done with less time cracking jokes and more time concentrating, but then that just seemed to be his personality. They were very kind about it, but both his island and his wine cooler (especially his wine cooler!) were a bit shite.

A great series, I'm sorry I didn't have the company of this thread watching it, must get in in real time for the next one!

Standout pieces for me were the tartan bed, and the caterpillar. And Nathaniel's wood turning, all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

really should change the name, hardly Britains best woodworker, bake off, wasn't so declarative.

Advertisement