Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Possible scammer

• 21-10-2021 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ Trekker09

Apologies to mods if this is in any way against the rules, but I just want to warn some people of a potential scammer that frequents Adverts & Donedeal.

The seller advertises mainly Treks, of a good spec, brand new. I enquired about a Domane Disc and they got back to me offering a discount code immediately, without any prompting. Payment was to be by PayPal, with the seller repeatedly emphasising the buyer protection offered by PayPal. He directed me to a website for ordering and he assured me that they have a warehouse and storage unit in Dublin, but that I couldn't view the bike before purchase.

Has anyone else contacted this seller, or a seller like this?

Comments

Advertisement