Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Laughable officiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Did the miss the foul on LeBron? Yes. No question.

but it’s a bit rich for the guy who has benefitted from more phantom and soft calls and gotten away with more travels than any player in history to behave like that at the end of a game. In short, it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Embiid put on a show last night no question. But I’d still take the Celtics in a best of 7. Celtics will most likely have home court too don’t forget and that’s a big advantage.

Watched most of the BBL Finals and Dunk Contest today on Sky. It was pretty poor fare all round TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pat Bev gas out getting a camera from the crowd and trying to show the ref the footage and getting a tech for his troubles :D

Lol at some of the tweets from other players at LeBron last night…..including one calling him a big baby 🤣🤣🤣

the lakers play the Nets next, LeBron will shoot 60 free throws in that game.

Great to see people calling out LeBron’s antics and histrionics from the other night’s non-call. Calls are missed and blown all the time - in every game, but because it’s LeBron it’s the end of the world. 🙄 Ok, it’s not always on game deciding plays, but it’s hard to imagine any other star behave like he did if that non call went against them. Considering Schroder got a T earlier in the gene for falling on the court dramatically he’s very lucky he didn’t get a T called against him and that would have won the game for Boston in regulation.

Go back to the Play Offs a few years ago when LeBron goal-tended a Victor Oladipo game winner v Indiana. Did Okadipo behave like LeBron did? No - and the stakes were so much higher than a regular season game. Indiana ultimately lost that series 4-3 btw.

He really is such a big baby.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

It’s beyond cringe at this point, is he really that delusional that he doesn’t see the irony of him behaving like this. That’s one big ego he has got…lol. Someone needs to have a quite word in his ear, like a peer of some sort, someone he might actually respect. Also, it kind of looked like a travel if you ask me, I only watched it twice but if we want to start calling every foul then LeBrons extra step could cause him some problems

The problem is he wouldn’t listen to anyone. He thinks he’s better than Jordan, and he still thinks he’s the best player in the league - he has no peers in his eyes.

And he’s been so indulged by the refs for so long that this one time when he doesn’t get a call you see the reaction. I would have loved if the gave him a technical (which they absolutely should have btw) and his antics cost them the game.

• Advertisement

Oh ffs, he’s now sitting out road games so he can break the points record in LA. His ego knows no bounds. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus the aul boomer hate on here never relents.

He and AD sat out after an overtime game in Boston so that they could put themselves in the best position of contributing against the Knicks. As a result LeBron managed the first triple double from an NBA player in their 20th season ever. And they got a tough OT win in Madison Square.

I know it’s a big echo chamber in here but you need to check yourself. A string of ridiculous posts above.

No, they’re not ridiculous. Sorry but your LeBron fandom doesn’t excuse his BS when it happens.

He’s been ripped on all of my regular podcast listens by each and every commentator. That’s across all Ringer NBA podvasts (incl an epic Chris Vernon burn), Simmons, Russillo, Open Floor, the Crossover, Dunc’d On, Zach Lowe, and even Brian Windhorst (who at one stage was LeBron’s closest media ally).

Or are you saying you’re right and everyone else is wrong?

He also didn’t sit out the Nets game for rest. He claimed he was injured. He apparently had “significant left ankle soreness”. At least get your basic facts right.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The posts seem reasonable enough. He really did go way ott.

A player whose been in the league for as long as him has got plenty of calls go his way in similar circumstance so it's hypocritical to act as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kyrie quits Brooklyn.

Hes demanded a trade and warned them he will walk as a Free Agent this summer if they dont trade him this week.

I knew he was quiet for too long so had to be up to something in Kyrie-land

Hhmm i what what team if any will be interested. You know what, trade zach from the Bulls, spice things up.

Kyrie doing a Kyrie. 🙄

Just when you thought he’d calmed down and learned a lesson, he hits the nuclear button again. Apparently the 5 game suspension is the issue. Honestly don’t know what to think or say about him anymore.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Lakers will obviously be mentioned but it’s all a giant mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If anyone gives Kyrie any sort of contract after everything he's done they deserve the absolute mess he's going to make before forcing his way out in less than a year.

The only way I see a trade is if the Nets are happy to take whatever salaries match up in a trade, they can't demand a First Rounder anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yes Butters goes off too much on LeBron but he is right on this situation.

I remember when curry broke the 3pt record, he didn’t try and make it happen at a certain time or place, just naturally happened at the garden but he would never disrespect the opposition,fans or fellow players to make it happen on a certain time or place, that’s just my opinion

I respect LeBron, one of the all time greats, superstar since high school, his ego could be worse but it is pretty annoying

Irving and Morris heading to Dallas, Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith, 2029 1st and 2nd rounder and 2027 2nd rounder to Brooklyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Actually interested to see how Kyrie and Luka work together (or don't).

Strange from Dallas imo.

Yes they needed another guard badly to try and ease up the strain on Doncic, but by giving away Dinwiddie they still only have two ball handlers on the roster. And given Irvings patchy availability they've probably increased Luka's workload.

It’s classic Lakers arrogance, they think that because they’re the Lakers other teams should just give their talent away because players want to move there.

Problem for Dallas is Kyrie can walk in 4 months - I’d still imagine Kyrie goes to the Lakers in June. It’s a bonkers move from Dallas imo.

The big question now is how does KD react to his best friend getting traded?

How the hell does Kendrick Perkins have a job as an analyst? Seriously? He’s just said the Mavs are now the title favourites. I give up.

• Advertisement

Cam Thomas is enjoying Kyrie’s departure……

Advertisement