Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022/3 season thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭johnnyk29

And it's reported Kawhi has a torn meniscus :( that run he had with the Toronto Raptors was unbelievable it's a pity he can't stay on the court he is an amazing two way player when he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well that’s one in the eye for me who bought into the slander about him not really being hurt.

Irrespective, it’s just been a terrible run for him and the Clippers

In fairness I can understand why you would think that, the whole fiasco in San Antonio would make you question him but it seems his body is not very durable since then ...

In fairness the clippers have a good roster just can't get them together on the court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Amazing win for the heat, Butler was unstoppable and the score to level it for overtime just absolutely summed up the fight they had in them. Nothing against the bucks in general, but you couldn't help but smile watching any team that harbors Grayson Allen losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beaming for the Heat and delighted Bucks are gone first round, crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors game was insane, it wasn’t pretty, more like street ball but a great win all the same, One of the refs was atrocious, 39 I think, Iam biased but he was calling everything on Warriors but had bad calls on Sac also, way too involved

Only saw highlights of heat v Bucs but my god Butler is insane, the whole thing doesn’t really make sense, heads will role at the Bucs for sure. Boston lick g there lips but also probably scratching their heads cos the bogey man is coming

Post edited by Carcharodon on

Since 2015, the Warriors are 78 and 14 when Draymond scores more than 15 points. Just don’t really lose when he plays well offensively.

It’s up there with the biggest NBA upsets ever. Bucks finished the season 29 - 5 playing good basketball. Giannis got hurt and it opened a chink of light (Miami with injuries too, of course) but it’s still shocking for them to lose. They really threw the last two games away too.

Giannis with a very philosophical answer on “failure” in the post game presser. We’re probably way too focussed on the team that lost in this scenario and how they underperformed. Jimmy Buckets was **** insane and Speolstra remains an exceptional game to game coach who gets the best out of what he’s got. They were just inspired and they deserved it.

Like last few Bucks possessions in overtime were sloppy, but Miami were playing excellent D, making it really really tough.

Post edited by LuckyLloyd on

I will say Giannis needs to try and improve his free throws. Can’t miss that many in a tight game imo. Surely he can improve in that aspect, in a meaningful way?

ALSO the Knicks have their biggest chance since the turn of the century. The Heat have had to battle to get here, they’ll be tired and drained.

• Advertisement

3 players I would love to see get a ring this year

Jimmy Butler

Chris Paul

Jokic

Butler is playing out of his mind and is one of my favourite players to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

So disappointed for the Bucks.

I love Giannis and Brook and wanted to see Goran win a ring.

WTF is Jimmy Butler on?! Just stunning.

Now I want Jokic to win it all. If the Nuggets do, it wouldn’t surprise me if Nikola just disappeared into the ether after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I want to see Jokic win 4-5 rings and send Shaq into a fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think it happens but if anything pushes Giannis to want out of Milwaukee it could be a 4-1 first round exit to the 8th seed.

Whoever gets the #1 Pick should offer it to the Bucks just to stir the pot.

I don't think Budhozer is the man to get them there again, I think if the bucks had a better coach they would be still in the playoffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,966 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the Bucks should look to sign Porzingis. They need another big man, Lopez is not the guy and he's a free agent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Lopez has been great! Don’t know why Bud kept him off the court in the dying seconds of the game, but he’s had the best season of his (long) career.

Yeah Lopez has been fabulous, not sure I’d lay the blame at his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brook Lopez is exactly what Giannis needs at C, a rim protector who on offence can stand as a legitimate threat at the 3pt line and let Giannis have space in the paint.

• Advertisement

Lopez has looked great at times but he's super inconsistent.

Finally the Celtics get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On 3s, LeBron is 6 for 36 in this series, coming off the worst 3 pt % for a regular season in 8 years.

Some posters on here seem to think Space Jam: A New Legacy is a documentary.

Warriors playing like crap now, going to lose this unless they get their **** together

Kings up by 19 with 3.45 left in the fourth.

Curry has 29 points but he's 9 of 21, he's missed a lot of shots.

Monk has 28 points, he's been the difference.

Butters you’re getting annoyed by me saying ‘if he can get a streak going with his 3 point jumper’ i.e. he’s been terrible from 3 but finding other ways to get it done; and if he got a streak going from 3 it would make the Lakers a lot more difficult to play against.

If your annoyance is the mere notion that could happen, then you probably need to check why you find that so irksome!

• Advertisement

Anyway Butters is frustrated by LeBron, but probably not as much as the Grizzlies right now this minute who are down by THIRTY THREE points at the end of the 3rd quarter. Lakers have been merciless, relentless - and the Grizzlies for all their talk have had no answer.

Let’s have no injuries or stupid stuff the 4th quarter please!

And Memphis just pulled their starters with 9:37 remaining in the 4th. It’s hard to square this performance with all that nonsense they said before the series. There will be loads of stats to chew over, but Lakers have 13 blocks to 1. Just wanted it way more inside tonight.

D Russell with the best playoff game of his career, when it was most needed.

They’ll be dogs in the next round, but get to rest up and enjoy what should be a cracking game 7 on Sunday afternoon.

Can the Lakers really win it all? I would definitely fancy them against either GS or Sacramento...it's incredible how they have turned it around since the trade deadline all the moves have helped especially defensively like you mentioned

LeBron is clearly injured and AD remains made of glass, but also as a team they still don’t shoot well enough. They’ll open as dogs against either GS / SAC and rightly so.

If they get to a conference finals well who would bet against LeBron / AD at that point, but it’s hard to see them have enough to beat Den or Phoenix.

So “no” is my answer - there’s no rings here.

It’s still a remarkable turnaround / run all the same. This team started 2 - 10 and was 13th at the All Star break. They’ve been in a playoff like mode for about three months. It just gets so tough now with all the weak teams like the Grizzlies eliminated. Kings / Warriors very obviously great basketball teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Laaaads I love a good underdog story. Heat eliminate Bucks, Lakers eliminate Grizzlies, let's go Kings in game 7!

• Advertisement

The turnaround has been remarkable since November, I got them at odds of 150/1! I wish I had put more than 20 on it now!!

The pace of the playoffs as the rounds go on will suit LeBron and AD also. I wouldn't be scared of Denver who have not delivered in the playoffs and Phoenix who haven't played much together and imploded last year versus Dallas...

I was so mad earlier with the Warriors, I’ve been a fan for over 20 years, season ticket holder and this pissed me off, we got punked by a more hungry team. After a few hours, Iam actually not as mad, so respect the Kings, they totally deserve that win, Iam not at all optimistic about Sunday but we will see how it goes, I know the players will me mad at how they played and might bring it but it might be too late, Kings are legit

It’s just a tough draw. Kings have so much momentum this year and having home advantage has obviously made a difference, opening the series 2 - 0 infront of a frenzied home crowd.

I have always felt experience counts massively in game 7s, so I feel the Warriors should have an edge.

But my takeaway is it has been a great series. Two coaches who know each other so well meaning there are big ebbs and flows from one game to the next and within games. And so many clutch performers on both teams. So no hate on any of the players, win or lose. You’d be disappointed if the Warriors don’t get it done but hard to be too annoyed about it imo (easy for me to say).

Nice bet!

But the pace of the playoffs from here definitely does NOT suit LeBron / AD. Every other night and both are not 100% (although they may never be “100%” through a playoff run again, of course).

If you don’t understand the absolute ridiculousness of your “point”, that’s on you.

Who said I’m getting annoyed? If you can’t handle facts it seems you’re the one getting annoyed hun xoxo

Lakers beating Memphis is not an underdog story considering the injuries.

Butters I know you are not a fan of the Lakers but surely you can see a path to at least the conference finals now..

Like you said previously all it takes is an injury to Durant or Jokic and this NBA championship is wide open

Well look, technically it was an underdog story as Memphis were favourites before the series began

• Advertisement

Not a chance. Either Sac or GS takes them easily.

Honestly if you stopped the fanboy crap for a minute you’d see it.

Ffs that was extreme sarcasm. Do you really need to have that explained to you??

What part of 4-1 is not delivering?

If you are talking about previous years, they are periods to be learned from and improve upon. There's lots of history of teams learning how to become championship winning teams. The Bulls for three years before they won their first title in '91. The Lakers before the Shaq/Kobe three in a row. The Spurs before they won three in five years.

Even the Heat super team of LeBron/Bosh/Wade lost one before they won two.

Again lads, Space Jam: A New Legacy is not a documentary.

The intensity of the Sac - GS series is on a different level to that of the Lakers/Grizz. Whoever comes out of that hammers the Lakers (barring injury).

“Lads” ?

I said above that they are rightly dogs in the next round. Johnny is just being hopeful after making a nice bet a couple of months back.

You’re arguing against a straw man on this one.

Yeah I don't know why people think you are saying the Lakers are going to win.

Jesus I cannot wait for SUNS/NUGGS

“lads” is an accepting colloquialism and collective noun used for addressing more than one person collectively. It’s also gender neutral, but apologies if English isn’t your first language and you’re never heard this before.

Sorry also for assuming your gender if you’re offended by that too.

🙄

• Advertisement

No you are right about the teams you referenced but do you think Jokic/Murray are on the level of the players you mentioned and capable of bringing a championship to Denver with all teams being healthy?...

Advertisement