Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 7 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Everytime, short of the sticks, and hopes the receiver can do something.

Bad QBing for sure, but absolutely pathetic to watch.

Lock should ask for a trade if he wasn't inserted into this game, as there is no scenario that the coaches will place him in a game that's for sure.

Talking to myself of course, who in their right mind would watch this game? You'd need to be chained to a radiator.

Another teddy TD. Of course he threw it 1 yard in front of the LOS and hoped the receiver could break 3 tackles.

Only took 2 4th down conversions and quite a bit of time off the clock but a stop here and they in with a shot.

Poor Cleveland. Missing half their starting offense, and they've done quite a good job tonight.

Well fair play to the Browns. Rammed the ball down the much vaunted Denver D to close out the game

Well deserved win for them. Allows them to stay in touch in a competitive division.

Broncos need to reevaluate what they want to do now. Look poor on both sides of the ball, and the coaching staff must be on the hot seat now.

Need to stop a 3rd and 7 to get the ball back down 6 with 50 seconds or so left........ Nah, let's let the 2nd string QB hand off to the 3rd string running back to run for it. Had he tried he could have run in for the TD, but he's too sensible and gives himself up to win the game.

That either says a lot about Cleveland depth, or exposes just how bad the Broncos are. Probably a bit of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Fair play @MileHighGuy , stuck it out til the bitter end! Tough watch for a Broncos fan last night, hope things pick up for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

61-33 for the season

Thursday Night 1.20am

Broncos @ Browns (picked yesterday)

Sunday 6pm

Washington Football Team @ Packers

Panthers @ Giants

Falcons @ Dolphins

Bengals @ Ravens

Chiefs @ Titans

Jets @ Patriots

Sunday 9.05pm

Eagles @ Raiders

Lions @ Rams

Sunday 9.25pm

Texans @ Cardinals

Bears @ Buccaneers

Sunday Night 1.20am

Colts @ 49ers

Monday Night 1.15am

Saints @ Seahawks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think it shows the effect of the O Line on the run game.

On Teddy, yeah he isn't great however the throw it before the sticks is a common philosophy. A lot of QB rooms have signs saying a punt after a 3rd down completion is ok. I am not certain but I am guessing that the odds of a broken tackle are better than throwing to covered receivers si the logic. Can't say I can verify one way or another which is better. I don't see Lock requesting a trade. Denver are pretty likely to keep paying him for a few years and I am not sure many others will. Teddy won that job for a reason and it isn't because Teddy is a superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pass blocking was horrendous so it's hard to blame Bridgewater. I don't think he's even starter level but if he could get some time in the pocket you could decide that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It didn't work no, and I should've said it was a free "flight" so that might have been the issue. Might work with a better airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well feck it. Ah so it was a budget airline then ? Well I think we should try and continue and build the ties between the two countries. I’m still shocked they figured it out after all these years. I mean in the next update they’re liable to undo whatever it was they did that out the blackouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I’ll be inter-railing through Europe first class this Sunday as it happens

Ill try it and report my findings

So another Sunday of NFL football.

Patriots get their second TD of the day to go 14-0 early first quarter. Green Bay are ahead of Washington. Miami is winning.

Washington tie the game up with Green Bay.

The titans are 14-0 up on the chiefs.

Zach Wilson is hurt in the jets game. Didn’t look that hard a tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Washington defense is messy enough on this drive, lot of missed tackles and stuff, it's tough to stop Rodgers once you let him get into a nice rhythm. As I type though they put some pressure on him and held him to a field goal. AND another blocked field goal, one each for the teams. What's with the kickers this year?

17-0 to the titans against the chiefs and mahomes was picked off.

Titans on the goal line and it could be a messy day for the chiefs.

• Advertisement

TD titans 23-0 with a PAT to come.

27-0

Mahomes looks lost out there and the chiefs defense is like the Red Sea.

Have the panthers and giants forgotten the point of American football ? It’s 5-3 and neither team look likely to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Two fourth and goal attempts by wft and nothing to show for it. Very disappointing, they really should be closer here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

The Chiefs are really poor tonight

Bit of an awkward sack on Mahomes there. Head snapped back

the lights were on by there was nobody behind the wheel.

How about those bengals ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Serious statement from the Bengals today

Lions go onside kick and recover after an opening drive score. Ballsy

Advertisement