Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd battery behaviour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Think what they have here is a half baked product. They have not figured out the whole protocol yet for batteries and just guesstimate. The battery profiles on Solis are a bit hit and miss, my original in old version was ok. But in new version the Min/Max voltage values were way too low/high.

SOH should be coming from battery BMS and not inverter. In pylons each battery would provide the SOH to master in the pack and then the master would provide SOH to inverter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Deagol

I had a different issue with Solis and Puredrive battery. System would randomly start jumping between grid changing and discharging (i.e, was using grid to charge battery over and above what was available from PV).

Darrell spent a lot of time chasing it and eventually Solis set my battery to 'other' and manual settings. If you want a copy of the settings to try and see if it helps your issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Sure paste them here, might help someone in the future as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

When in the other setting, How does the SOC behave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭S'

Does this look right? Exporting 1.5kW. Is there a max limit when charging the battery? I’d rather send power to Eddi than back to grid.

solis hybrid with pure drive battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Should be charging the battery before sending to the grid, you have plenty of excess.

Have the same setup and battery was charged by 12ish then it switched to the Eddi for over an hour. Unfortunately have the car with me today so have sent over 6kWh back to the grid 😪 😪😪 I'll be setting up a heater or something for the next time so that the excess will be used.

Thought that. What firmware version are you on? I’m on 35. Checked settings and they look ok from what I can see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Behaviour should be as @THE ALM described. I have the same inverter and battery and haven't seen this before either. I'm also on F/W v35.

If it happens again, check the Solis app to see what Battery Charging Current Limit the BMS is reporting. Puredrives are capable of 100A charge/discharge, but might throttle that back if cold.

Thanks, charging current limit looks set to 20A. Is it ok/possible to change this via the inverter settings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yeah, you can change this via Advanced settings, Energy set, Battery select (might be slightly different, recalling from memory). What is the ambient temperature of the room in which your battery is located? LiFePo4 batteries cannot charge below 0°C.

Edit: Just to note that I have set charge/discharge limits here, but the BMS seems to override them.

Same as that charge limit will not accept any adjustment . Battery is located in the garage temperature 5-8deg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I had this also but stuck at 50A

Not 100% sure what fixed it, either Solis did something remotely or just go in and select puredrive as the battery again and save the settings.

You can also try to power the battery on and off, if you lift the cover held by two screws it is the button on the right side. This fixed the constant charge/discharge issue for me.

Advertisement