Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I access clipboad on Pixel 4a?

Options
  • 19-10-2021 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

As above.

On previous Samsungs i could just long press in a text box and that would give me an option to view the clipboard and its contents - and also to clear the clipboard.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There should be an option for a clipboard on Gboard: There is an icon between "GIF" and the gearwheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

Thanks for that. It seems to allow me access clipboard options but not the actual clipboard.

On my samsung thered be a whole heap of stuff copied in various apps showing up and of have an option to delete it or use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

... wrong info ....

Post edited by Flinty997 on

I guess im just too used to samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Gboard > Settings > Clipboard

Works for me. I have the clipboard at the top of my keyboard. Clicking on the clipboard, then the pencil edit icon , and I can delete or even pin clips, even including screenshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I've also got a pixel. I've just tried what you suggested and I also have that. Once I first open it is asks to enable it. Multiple clips etc.

So here's what I'm doing:

Open a new email in Gmail. Go as if to type a new message to bring the keyboard up. Long press the "," button to the left of the keyboard and pick the settings icon from that.

This opens Settings and one of them is "Clipboard". This has 3 options

• Show recently copied text and images in the suggestions bar
    • Show items such as addresses/phone numbers within recently copied text
    • Save recent screenshots in clipboard

All 3x options are ticked and I still can't find a way to access what's on the clipboard. I'm missing something obvious here.

Ok so you've basically switched on the clipboard functionality.

Now you need to open the actual clipboard whenever you need it.

To do that, at the top of the keyboard there should be a clipboard icon. Click on it for the actual clipboard.

Here's a screenshot for you.

If you don't see the clipboard just click the arrow to the top left that I've also highlighted for you.

This is what I see.

• Advertisement

My screenshot above was gboard on my S10+

I just checked my Pixel and it looks exactly the same i.e. I see the clipboard icon at the top as per my screenshot.

Suggest you ensure that you're running the latest version of gboard from the Play Store.

I am running the latest version of the keyboard and just updated to Android 12 and same issue.

Not to worry. Thanks for all the replies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Go to keyboard settings (long press comma) then "Text correction", and turn on "Show suggestion strip". That'll give you the bar+icons biebiebie is talking about

However, you should still be able to paste using long-press without that. Are you making sure to long-press on the same line as the cursor in Gmail? The space below the cursor's line is "dead" space, it doesn't react to anything - you can kind of see the dividing line in your screenshot above, it's a slightly different shade of black. Long-pressing above that should give you the paste menu

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Bingo!

That indeed switches it on/off.

Text Correction certainly revealed the menu. I'll have a fiddle around a little more and see.

Advertisement