Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodaphone or sky

Options
  • 18-10-2021 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Just signed up to vodaphone broadband and TV as my satalite dish has given up after 30 years, as we had vodaphone broadband already and were paying 50 now it's gone up to 70 PM but not too sure about it to be honest looking at the channels it's just free to air, So my question is this if I changed to sky for a year do they still put up a dish or is they any need for a dish anymore and have they better channels as young lad is big in to football and the premiership or would I have to pay extra for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

For the moment, you need a dish for sky TV.

Now TV offers a selection of the channels available from Sky via streaming - but no live pause, rewind, recording and only selected catch-up available.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

With the sat dish gone we can't get free to air, only miss BBC to be honest and we pay for Netflix and Disney so if I went for Now tv it would be easily enough move from TV to TV as vodaphone want to run a cable to 1 TV and no option to move it after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Now TV is an app that is either installed on your TV if its a Smart TV or your phone/tablet - not sure if you can cast to a TV with the mobile app or not.

You can also get it on the ROKU platform too.

BTW it's Vodafone and not Vodaphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Advertisement