Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service Recruitment 2021

Options
  • 17-10-2021 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just setting this up as a way of discussing the most recent recruitment drive. Hopefully it might be a good forum to share information.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Any information on the working environment regards to The DAA ? Is it a good place to work . I gather there would be serious competion for these posts .

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

I’d say it’s a great place to work and yes I’d agree there’s probably a huge interest in this campaign with serious competition

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Any information on hours, start times/finish times of working day, salary throughout training/salary when qualified, how many months is recuirt training? same as DFB??

I see a lot of these Preparation courses for the aptitude tests. Can anyone advise if these are worth the money? Also one in particular is running in early November. On the acknowledgement mail after applying they said they would be back in touch IF they thought the CV was what they were looking for. I don’t see the point in doing the aptitude preparation course until that has been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Has anyone got an email regarding the next stage yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Grafter123

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Comot73

E-mails out there in the last hour advising Aptitude tests by November 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Did them previous, they get the mind thinking a lot more. Some found them useful, some did not, either way, most of us got through to full time in dfb. I think definately worth the money. Depends how much you want the role though. Those who want it would invest

emails out this afternoon to confirm aptitude test to be completed by the 10th of November

Would anyone have any links to practise tests online ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

Has anyone any idea of the salary this position offers? There is very little info available online. Is it a pensionable job? What are the terms of the pension? These are important factors to consider before making any commitment to the career.

You’re right I haven’t seen anything in respect of the salary. Very little information available on this. I’m wondering if it would be €30k ish? I’m going to do the on line tests tonight. Hopefully they go ok.

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Quadrivium

The conversation is surprisingly slow on this thread. I've seen on another thread the starting rate was €33,600 but not sure how true that is. Good luck to all.

Yes, a bit slow but I’d say it’ll pick up a bit after the aptitude tests are completed.

Am I right in saying the last day to do the assessments is tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

How long do you think it'll be until we hear back from them?

I’d say it will be a long enough wait as there’s probably a huge amount gone for it.

How did you all find the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Walsh-97

Any ideas on when we can expect to hear back?

No idea. Probably depends on the amount of people that applied. I’d say there was a huge amount though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Walsh-97

Anybody do the course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

Anyone on here able to find information about how long recuirt training is? Starting salary?

Previous comments put the salary at about €34k but not sure if this is accurate. Also can’t see any details on the training either. Not a huge amount of info available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesfarrell507

Hi guys

There is not much information regarding the training process or salary but it is not about the money .

More a change for an amazing carrer opportunity .

Awaiting feedback from the apptatude tests myself but it could be a few weeks .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

I'd agree it's not about the money but people still need to weigh up their decision.

Cost of travel, current monthly expenses, mortgage/rent payments.

I see some post about aptitude tests?! ¿

All I got was the questionnaire and reading comprehension?

Did I miss something?

Has anyone heard anything back from the first stage?

Nothing yet. Maybe we’ll hear something this week.

Fingers crossed.

Has anyone found any info about the pay scale?

Is it the same as DFB or different?

• Advertisement

I can’t see anything but a previous discussion on here back in 2015 had mentioned somewhere in the region of €34k.

Advertisement