Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously Botox

Options
  • 17-10-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

On a serious note, if a woman got Botox when she was 20 and then stopped doing it at 50, would she look 20 then? I know it stops wrinkles forming so then she would have deleted 30 years of aging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I’d say 30 years of paralysing the muscles around your mouth, eyes and forehead would make your entire face drop to your knees if you stopped. So you’d look like a 20 year old that’s made of wax and was left on a radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

“On a serious note”

”deleted 30 years of aging”

It doesn't eliminate the look of aging, does it?

It just takes away frown lines and the "worry" forehead appearance.

I think Rhea Seehorn (aka "Kim Wexler") was about 45 in this pic?

She's still got noticeable naso-labial lines, no way she's passing for 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

On a serious note, if a woman got Botox when she was 20 and then stopped doing it at 50, would she look 20 then? I know it stops wrinkles forming so then she would have deleted 30 years of aging?

I think Botox is applied to already formed wrinkles. So you wouldn't just inject botox all over your face and neck to prevent wrinkles which would be kinda like preventing ageing, that's not how it works.

If you stop taking botox the wrinkles will become visible again.

So there is no such think as preventing ageing, it's basically just cosmetic i.e. artificial look.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

From what I remember, botulinum toxin paralyses muscles, so can prevent wrinkling that is caused, by facial movement/expression. I'm not sure how it can be of any benefit in reducing skin wrinkling that has already formed? I could be wrong!

I actually wrote up a college project on the substance back in the early 1990's; it's main application was for treatment of muscle dytonias, and it's use as a cosmetic wasn't known to me back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A work colleague used to get it done... Botox in her lips.

she was a good looking enough girl without it, and didn’t need it whatsoever. She didn’t have small / thin lips and it didn’t improve her looks at all, if anything it made her look discernibly comical especially in the days after the injection, everybody used to just say “ why would you spend cash to do that to yourself when you don’t need to “...

Filler?

Done right it's hot.

Though what you describe sounds like a fat transfer, less common than conventional dermal filler (hyaluronic acid).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

botox can be used to make lips look fuller. called a lip flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

two women (30's) in my job get botox in the lips, they look absolutely ridiculous every time they get it done and it looks sore !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The first day or two after getting it done my colleague couldn’t speak properly, so she couldn’t answer the phone, she sounded drunk... the manager said initially that she was unfit for duty and should call in sick... on hearing this it caused a degree of consternation amongst the team as she was a lazy fûckwit anyway.... but the compromise was that she’d get the procedure on Thursday’s, take Friday from her annual leave therefore be good for work on Monday....

• Advertisement
Advertisement